Chapter 1 ︱ Before the Breaking

"You want to go out on a date with me?" Jezebel said, her expression outwardly displaying her shock but with a grin.

Brandon looked at her with a smile he was so sure of as he was standing before her. "Oh yeah, taking you out would be a real pleasure. Give me a chance."

She threw her long dark black hair back sharply with her wrist, maintaining her flawless appearance. She aimed her smile at him. "Of course. I'd love to go out with you."

"Great—that's great. So, meet up at seven tonight?"

"At seven." Jezebel nodded. "Text me, yeah?"

"I will."

He began walking out as she waved him goodbye continually with a smile until Brandon turned away, and the moment he did, her smile changed into a wicked one. Oh, I'll definitely see you tonight, Brandon.

Jezebel caught up with her friends in the hallway, where she met them by one of their lockers. Harmony faced herself in the mirror, fixing up her long dirty blonde hair by combing them into her fingers.

"Hi girls," Jezebel spoke out happily.

They looked and greeted back to her, and Breella was the first to notice a strange grin on Jezebel's face. "Do I want to know what happened?" Breella asked warily.

The small details never went unnoticed by her. Breella Patterson had her brown eyes master the art of observing. She picked up on cues and actions more easily than others would've known; her intuition was fierce and they don't steer her wrong. Breella could display intimidation to others with her neutral but intense facial expression.

In contrast to her expression, she looked appealing and youthful as a doll with her long dark hair in voluminous curls, her tan skin like cinnamon, and her full lips. The boys found her mighty beautiful, however, she was not easily impressed and she barely noticed them.

"What, tell us. Why are you smiling?" Olivia said, her brownish-green eyes peeked with subtle interest.

She was the kind to want to be updated with her friends, being the one to approach the details as soon as possible. Although it wasn't just her curious nature to know things, Olivia was a kindhearted person to her friends and cared for them. She would be the kind of supporter to root for you when things went well and cry with you when something bad happened.

Olivia Montes was quite a saint, and Jezebel enjoyed her positive outlook on things and her interest in her life. 

Jezebel's eyebrows quirked up that it was almost frightening. "Brandon asked me out, and I'm going on a date with him tonight," she boasted.

"Brandon as in with blonde spiky hair and dark blue eyes?"

"Yep, that's the one."

"Oh no, he did not see this coming," Harmony said, still fixated on herself in the mirror.

Harmony had the greatest time reactions and comments. Her ability to speak freely was amusing, and when she spoke, her words escaped from her mouth quickly. Her mind spun with endless thoughts as the girl rarely gave herself a break; it's as if she had too many tabs open and didn't know where the music was coming from. She's a pretty busy bee girl with all the simultaneous things going on, such as assignments, projects, after school-clubs, and committee planning.

This morning, she lost her comb and made a checklist to get a new one. She needed to have her hair looking good at all times as she liked to maintain a good appearance. Even though Harmony already appeared clean and flawless with her loose waves and light blue eyes, and especially with the white teeth showing off her perfect smile.