Chapter 5 ︱ The one boy who

"Just like I told you, boys will be boys, and they belonged in the trash," Jezebel stated to prove a point to her friend, who was still heartfully afflicted by the Aubrey situation.

Showing her the video evidence last night helped but also hurt her. The face that Olivia made when she saw it, all her good spirits were drained out and left her. She was so shocked that partying became the last thing on her mind, and all she wanted to do was to go home. She left home early and didn't look at anyone or say goodbye.

The truth came out to her, and Jezebel was happy about that but not watching her hitting a low point. Currently, Olivia had her head down on the table, lamenting the death of her now broken crush, although she couldn't seem to get over how things went.

It'd be a bit dramatic to have onlookers watch Olivia in this state as they're just getting to their table in the cafeteria. Their friend group was already gaining attention as it is, especially for Jezebel, but the attention wasn't always craved.

It had been the second time now that Jezebel faced this with her since her last short-term crush.

"You know this won't change the fact that he made you think you had a chance," Jezebel said, not giving the time to spare her.

"But it's just not fair," Olivia cried out.

"A little more sympathy here. Olivia is having her heart stomped and can't bounce back quick like you, Jezebel," Harmony spoke, then looked at Olivia as she stroked her back softly.

Jezebel sighed. It's not like she didn't see the big picture, but she would think that she should be glad that she didn't have to be around that guy. If it was her, she'd be glad someone told her about the mess before it would get anywhere far.

Breella gave her a glance, a look where it said that she should say something else to help her out better.

And she hated when she was right. Jezebel reached her hand out on the table to pat Olivia's hand on top a few times delicately. "There, there. You'll be fine." She offered her nice words, but she couldn't just be nice and wanted to give it a push. "But Olivia, you're better than this. I know you are. You can't let a boy get you down. Let's say that you find yourself a frog. You don't want to cry over one."

Olivia's head lifted up slowly, and a forlorn look emerged onto her expression. "But frogs are cute." 

"That's not the point." Jezebel closed her eyes briefly and sighed. She needed patience. "You can't believe that just because a guy looks seemingly nice means they are. He's either a good actor or likes the attention. You should remember I went out with lots of scums."

Olivia whimpered, "You're saying there aren't guys like Jack Dawson or Kang Hangyul?" Her eyes looked on with desperate sadness.

She paused as Breella and Harmony's eyes were glancing at her with warning. It didn't scare her to say how she truly thought on this matter. Jezebel knew sugarcoating her would make matter worse. She could motivate her and tell her straight up in one.

"There will be plenty of others to meet," Harmony said, reassuring.

"It's only for show." Jezebel toughened her look, and jutted her chin out convincingly. "Looking for it is just a waste of time. Forget that guy. If you really believe in destiny, they'll come to you, and all is great. But don't rely on that sappy stuff."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Olivia asked slowly.

"Of course," she said. "Come to your sense soon so you can see my side of things."

Harmony wanted to say more to counter Jezebel's words but instead check over how Olivia was. Jezebel forked a tomato into her mouth. She was happy enough that she didn't have to hear any more about he this or that. She had to be the firm one for her friends.