Chapter 9 ︱ Revelation scheme is already underway

Accompanying the girls with clothes shopping has been Jezebel's favorite time as they get to look at all the pretty ones that the store has to offer. Something new and different would catch one of their eyes, and then they get to discuss it together. Whether it's their style or if they should buy it. Something she termed as teamwork.

They pushed through a mountain of clothes while talking amongst themselves. "Do you think this green skirt will look good on me?" Jezebel motioned the long flare skirt in dark green out for them while partially holding it.

"You would look so good," Olivia said, making a gesture that showed her ok seal of approval.

"How many long skirts do you own now?" Breella wondered.

Jezebel thought about it. All the skirts in her closet were plentiful, but most were mini to knee length. She had long skirts for each day of the week. She looked at her thoughtfully. "A small handful, but one more couldn't hurt."

Harmony inputted. "One could never have too many outfit pieces."

Jezebel agreed although she didn't feel the need to buy something immediately as she let the skirt slip back with the other clothes pressed against each other. "Okay, I need to get something off my chest, and I need to tell you girls this."

"What is it? Does it have something to do with that boy you've been meeting up with lately?" Olivia asked, immediately getting to that point.

Quick and curious Olivia was as she liked her keenness in whatever Jezebel had to say.

"So, you may not believe this, but a few days ago, Eric came to visit me." 

It came as a shock as the three of them had their eyes sprung faster toward her and the written looks. They knew the rollercoaster feelings she expressed from all the times she genuinely liked Eric, even if he had some shortcomings. To her, it was the only real enough she rather have with him than to look at other lackluster boys.

"You can't be serious," Olivia said. Her mouth fell open and did a silent gasp.

"What happened with him?" Harmony asked gently.

Breella showed alertness as she anticipated her next words coming out.

Jezebel looked at all of them. "He wants to get back together." A conflicted look crossed her expression for half a second.

Harmony asked, "Really? How do you feel about that?"

She shut her eyes tight in small distress. "I don't know. It was too sudden for me. I didn't think I'd see him again. I swear my heart was dropping like a bomb when I saw him."

"And it's been... two months now?"

Their breakup happened in the second week of last November when Eric dropped the news on her. He couldn't see them working out with the distance happening between them. It was a cruel way for him to end things between them, the harshness of the words hit her like a ton of brick. She remembered vividly that he said it was for her own good. But how? Not when he found a way to creep into her heart and soften her.

The two months without him was her trying to process and register that he wasn't here anymore. She didn't receive any phone calls or text messages from him. Nothing; it was a blank slate on her phone. Even when she happened to text him out of the blue out of missing him, it was left on read.

Jezebel bared everything alone, numbing her face, and the activities she liked or knew, took their toll on her. 

"Yeah," Jezebel replied, feeling like the taste in her mouth went bitter.

"But you still have feelings for him? What did you say to him?" Olivia asked.

She smiled resolutely to keep herself not weighing down. After all, she told herself she didn't need him anymore. "I'm going to show him he's no longer my priority, and I know just the way for him to believe that."