Chapter 6 ︱ He'll be it plan

Could she erase that time when she ran into Eric and said stuff about moving on with someone else? She regretted extremely for pulling such a cliche and now needed a solution—and stat!

After Jezebel had gone and say that, he couldn't believe it like there was no way it wasn't true. He would believe that she went back to her old ways of making some guy miserable by the end and not lasting with him too long, like she customarily did before she went stable with him for some time. But no, she dared to say that she carried interest in some guy and not like how she always did with previous guys.

From what he said, it wasn't the response she wanted. Eric couldn't stand the thought of being away from Jezebel and cared too much to not want her to slip away. He didn't want to make that same mistake. He told her he'll make the effort to see her more, to prove he's someone that makes the distance thing between them work.

"Really? Then I'll come back for you. I'll stop by and see you after school and ask you how you're doing. It'd be like I'm still here with you."

If what he said was true and she would see more of him, she needed to run with her story, or he could cop her out on it. She needed him to believe she liked someone else more than she wanted Eric back.

She thought long and hard about this last night. A random guy would be too easy to obtain, and he could react how she wanted him to, but she didn't need to have an unnecessary complication of infatuated feelings. Especially if later on, the guy was a complete douche, and she couldn't stand him. It'd be abhorrent, and her plan would surely go down the drain.

She needed someone fast and easy to dispose of but not be that terrible to be around. At least he had to be adequate.

There were so many guys around school, yet all of them in her eyes looked the same to her: bland, unsightly, and had an unrefined personality.

Goodness gracious, this will be a hard pick. Viewing teenage boys in the hallway distraught her. It's boys in the sea, but none of them was a rainbow fish. They were grass carps, bristlemouths, and peruvian anchovetas.

Jezebel stopped scanning and continued her way down the path to her science classroom. She took her seat, this time her seatmate and lab partner present as Jezebel gave her a casual 'hey.' With two minutes left to spare, she further thought about her plan and who would be a possible candidate to fill in.

The bell quickly rang, and Mackinley burst to the door entrance just as Mr. Rezendes was standing there. He quickly forced the door inward and walked inside the classroom. The teacher made a disappointing sigh.

"Why don't you try to be here a little early?" Mr. Rezendes asked, turning the lock on the knob as he glanced at him.

"No can do. What fun would that be? It's best to let fate take its course." As he made that witty reply, it forced the man to bestow a taxing stare at him, and he mocked his hands in surrender. "All right, I'll take my seat." Mackinley stalked off down the aisle to the back row as he passed her row, his presence wafting to her.

He smelled crisp and delicate, like laundry detergent, especially fresh. It was a light scent for her nose to inhale.

She spun her head to look at him while he sat there, digging inside stuff in his backpack. It was like that night of the party never happened. What was it about that guy that just barged in for the first time and then left like he never came at all? Oddly enough, he wasn't intolerable. Maybe he just needed better manners since it appeared mannerism wasn't his thing.

She thought about her plan further during the beginning lecture and decided that all the boys she came across were heinous. None of them was socially acceptable enough. Mackinley, however..., she could probably do something there. He's an unexpected twist, and there was no good option if she had to be honest, but he'll do.