Chapter 3 ︱ Crushes are suspicious

Boys without the actual discernment of what leaves their mouth in more ways than one are detestable. They don't hold back their opinions truly to their so-called bros.

A few moments ago Jezebel overheard some guys discussing what went on between her and Brandon and then went on to add what they'd do if they had a chance to go out with her.

 "Was this the fourth or fifth time she made out with boys in the movie theater?"

"I thought she was up to her eighth time. Either way, I'd be into that too between takes of the movie."

"And with tongue."

Like going out with every single boy would be a waste of her time and a lot of lips to burn, but she selected the ones who were the most notorious and who deserved it the most.

A comment here and there she could shrug off, but she'd notice that girls around had their interest. If they liked him, she'd make him pay attention to her. She thought being a desirable girl, she could never be touched unless she wanted that way.

Guys are really just loudmouths... so sad these days, Jezebel thought. 

"Jezebel!"

Her instance quickened to have her frown wiped out from her face and her head whipped around to the owner of the voice, as an emerged new smile came to play. Eyes brightened like a child's curiosity when Bruno walked over, a group of people following behind him.

"Bruno, hello," Jezebel greeted brightly.

Bruno was a captain of the football team, admired by everyone, but he's taken with Fern, a member of the decathlon team. They were a love story everyone envied, but secretly she didn't really buy it. But he wasn't her problem.

"Did you hear? I'm throwing a party this weekend. You should come, and your friends too," he said.

"It's going to be awesome," one of Bruno's friends with a neon green shirt said.

"I posted it on my story, so you'll see it, but I'll hype it up on the day of." Bruno laughed.

"No worries, see you there." Jezebel waved goodbye to him as he and his posse stepped past her.

Soon she looked for her group. It wasn't long until she spotted them through the crowd in the hallway and made space between them. Jezebel smiled. "Guess who's going to Bruno's party?"

"We are?" Olivia wondered.

"That's right."

"Everyone's talking about it already," Harmony said.

Jezebel widened her eyebrows amusingly. "Don't you love parties? It's just a way to dance and mingle with others."

"You just love to escape from your folks' home." Breella tilted her head at her knowingly.

"And that." She pointed her forefinger at her.

Olivia stared up with a dreaming look, a small hopeful smile plastered on her lips. "Aubrey's going to be a party too."

"Aubrey?" Harmony asked, confused. 

At that moment, it's like she realized she had let it slip out of her mouth without meaning to. "Oh no, you didn't hear me, did you?" She turned her head, watching their reaction nervously.

Now all of them looked on with inquisitive expressions, wanting more information about whom Olivia mentioned. Although she naturally liked to share a lot of what was going on in her life with them, when it came to crushes, she reserved that bit of information to herself.