3

"Xavier is a really cool guy! He's classy, talented - especially in cooking, kind and funny! Plus, he's pretty good looking for his age."

"Woah, wait a minute. What did you say?"

"What? It's true."

_____________________________________

I woke up hearing the sound of a rustling plastic bag. I opened my eyes and it was all blurry at first, trying to get used to the light -both coming from the window and the fluorescent. I could register a figure in the room, but I couldn't tell who or what that person might be doing, must probably be a nurse. Then I smelled something so divine that made my eyes just shoot open.

Coffee.

I sat up tiredly while rubbing my eyes only to see Xavier placing food on the table on the other side of the room. I can't believe that he's already here. Is it even allowed to visit this early?

My eyes then land on the clock that was placed exactly on top. 11:30 o' clock, it said.

It wasn't early at all.

My attention fell on him again and it seemed that he still wasn't aware that I was awake. I observed him. He was unwrapping lunch boxes filled with delicious looking food. There were pancakes, sandwiches, different kind of pastires, coffee- was that chicken? He had fried chicken with him too, and there was gravy! Just the sight of it all made my mouth water. The smell of each individual food made my tummy rumble.

Rumble was an understatement, it practically roared. It easily caught Xavier's attention and he turned to me startled. I couldn't help but blush out of embarrassment.

He just laughed at me and I glared.

"Well, Good Morning. How about some brunch?"

He offered me a piece of each. I chowed down every single thing down to the last bite and asked for more. It felt like it has been a long time since I tasted something so good. Honestly, it felt like it has been a long time since I moved my jaw. I was happy to be eating with my own mouth and not ingesting vitamin pills.

It tastes too good though. Has convenience store food improved so much in the period I was passed out?

"Well, your taste haven't changed a bit, Toriko." Xavier commented before he dipped a slice of bread in his cup of coffee. I only raised an eyebrow.

"What do you know about my taste?" I asked, throwing was small piece of tuna sandwich in my mouth.

"A lot since I cook for you all the time." He answered rather proudly, "You chose the sandwiches and beignet over the pastry without fillings inside. You also removed the pickles in every sandwich you ate. And before anything, you chowed down on the chicken and the gravy, your favorites."

My eyes just widen and my mouth just hang open before I could even dare to take another bite in the other sandwich he offered me. I looked over my eating tray only to find that he was right. I haven't asked for another baguet or bagel, but I did eat two or more beignets and sandwiches. I also noticed just now the removal of the pickles. And yes, the number of bones in my plate are plentiful.

I eyed him with suspicion. He only tensed up.

"Is there something wrong, Toriko?" He asked a little nervous.

"Are you sure you're just my father's friend?" It was unbelievable, really. Cooking for me everyday, knowing my taste, knowing my skills, being here everyday when I was still unconcious. That's not what something just 'my father's friend' would do. "You're my father, aren't you?"