6

"X-Xavi, I don't want to go yet!" I said in a panic.

My father easily left without even giving me a chance to speak. I don't think I can speak even if I was given the chance. His presence alone caught me speechless out of fear. More reasons why I shouldn't go to where he wants to take me, even if he calls it 'home.'

"She can't leave yet, too, Xavier." Said Dr. Kneedman, dropping the formalities. He was already pissed off, that much was obvious. I bet it was his first time to ever get talked to like that, "You can't let them take her!"

No matter what we say to Xavier, he was still in a state of freeze. He didn't budge as if he was trying to think, but nothing actually came to mind.

I wanted him to say something, anything that could mean well for me!

"I'm sorry."

But he didn't. My hopes just literally got thrown out of the window.

"T-they're her parents. I don't have any right to go against their decision!" He said it as if it was painful for him. "I can't stop them from taking her back."

No. I don't want to go yet. I don't want to see the outside world yet and go back to the life I once had. I know nothing yet! I'm still clueless. I'm still vulenerable. Who can assure me that I'm safe to wherever it is they're taking me?

I don't want to go back.

A sudden ringing sound echoed inside my brain. It was like a lightning bolt passing through my skull. It was painful! I wanted to shout, I wanted to scream. But I can't hear anything.

I can feel the vibrations in my throat, but nothing reached my ears. I was scratching down my neck, hoping that it could help. It didn't.

My hands were snatched away from me, as well as my sight. Both of my arms were held by one big hand and I was blindfolded. From behind, someone was hugging me.

I could feel my back heaving back and forth against his chest. My breath was frantic. I could feel the beads of sweat roll down through the blindfold around my eyes. I was sweating buckets. I could feel warmth stream down my cheeks. I was- crying?

"It's okay. It's okay, Toriko." Only voices could reach me, everything else was blank. It was Xavi's.

I only shook my head. It wasn't going to be okay.

"Breathe properly, Toriko. Follow Xavier's breathing." Dr. Kneedman gently ordered and I tried my best, but I just couldn't.

"I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go!" I caught myself repeating those over and over again and everytime it got louder and louder, as if I was attempting to shout it.

"You're not going anywhere, okay?" Dr. Kneedman assured, but I won't believe it unless it came from Xavi's mouth.

I thrashed around his grip, but I was no match at all. Every time I tried to pull my arms away, his hand would easily pull them back. He could even crush my wrists if he wanted to. But this was Xavi, he would never do that.

"I don't want to go." I said one more time, tiredly. The oxygen in my brain was depleting and I could feel myself fall into darkness.

"You're not going anywhere, Toriko." And then finally, I heard Xavi speak.

A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. And I just fell forward. Another set of arms catched me. The blindfold was removed by the force and - even with the dark spots around me- I was still able to see the worried looks on Xavier's and Dr. Kneedman's faces.