4

"I honestly feel sorry for Xavier."

"Why?"

"People just use him for his kindness. Not only that too, he's well aware that he's being used, he's just too kind to even call them out for it."

_____________________________________

I was expecting Xavier to be there again when I woke up, but he wasn't. It was just seven then, so I thought it was still too early for visiting hours. I was served breakfast by a nurse and my doctor came to give me a check up.

"Wow, Toriko. You are quite a fast healer. You have no more visible scratches on you, not even a scar." He said rather impressed after checking my arms, "We'll only need to check your x-ray and you'll be good to go."

"That is great news, Doctor." I simply stated.

He stood up and pocketed his hands inside his white coat. He gave me a reassuring smile, "Don't worry. Not a day goes by when Mr. Andrada doesn't visit. He'll get here."

I only blushed out of embarrassment. Was I that obvious?

He left, but not before I could ask if he could bring me a pencil and a few pieces of paper. He said he'd have a nurse bring those to me shortly. I have a feeling that Xavier won't be arriving as soon as I hoped - with his cafe work and everything- so I thought I should be keeping myself busy.

Like the doctor said, it did arrive shortly and he gave me an sketch pad that was half filled with super hero drawings, a newly shapened pencil with shade B and an eraser. I stared at it surprised. I was expecting to get two or three pieces of short bond paper and a half of a pencil number two. I looked at the nurse, still surprised with what I recieved. She only gave me a sad smile and said, "Dr. Kneedman's son also liked to draw. He bought those for him a few months ago but-"

Her voice died down. She didn't have to finish her sentence for anyone to understand what happened. I couldn't believe that I was holding something so precious in my hands and he just gave it to me?! I just want to doodle something!

"Please return this to him," I said a little panicked, reaching out the materials to her, "I can't possibly use this-"

"He insists. Don't worry." She answered, gently pushing it back to me.

"But why would he give such an important thing to me?" I asked confused.

"I guess it's because you're very close to Mr. Andrada."

My ears perked up hearing Xavier's name. All my attention just fell on her.

"What about Xavi?" It just literally flew out my mouth, and I only realized it when I saw the surprised look on her face. I covered my mouth.

She then laughed at my reaction, "Honey, you're adorable." I don't know what to feel embarrassed about, is it because she caught me reacting like that to Xavi, is it because she thought I was adorable, or is it because she called me 'honey.'

"Mr. Andrada and Dr. Kneedman go way back. I mean way back. They were friends since high school."

She probably told me their history together. She told me that when they were still young, Xavi was the one who wanted to be a doctor and it was Dr. Kneedman who wanted to be a businessman, how the wheels turned and they still laugh about it until today. Xavi was also Dr. Kneedman's best man in his wedding. He also took care of the kids. He was also there when one of them died and comforted him. I was honestly interested to hear about Xavi's past and it was somehow heart lightening in a way. I couldn't explain how I felt.