Chapter-13

Manik- what did you do now Nandini

Nandini- teaching him how to make decisions

Swati was not liking the way Manik and Nandini were behaving toward each other

Swati- what rubbish is this and who are you to teach him

Both Manik and Nandini were shocked listening to Swati but Nandini actually did not know who Swati was and got angry at her

Nandini- Well I don't have to be somebody to teach good things.

Nandini moved inside and sat near Mahir followed by Manik who moved towards the kitchen and got himself a glass of water and brought some for Swati as well

Swati- looks like it is not the first time here Manik

Manik nodded and settled himself on the sofa and started to tease Mahir

Manik- nandini i am sure mahir has this figured

Nandini- oh I so wish he has

Mahir - dad please help me

The actual situation is, that Mahir fought in the school. So, when they talked about the situation Mahir said he didn't have a choice but to fight. He couldn't think of anything but to hit him, so she thought it was important for him to know that different decisions can bring different things in life. So she laid out Mahir's three most favorite items on table one of the three which Mahir has to choose from now. Here is the catch. The three items laid out on the table are something he loves to the Moon. It is something he asked for himself something they don't have to force out of him. Now, this put him in a terrible situation where he can't choose from one.

She thought. If he can choose one from this, he always has alternatives in life situations. Sometimes all we think or decide is not what we want. We should act just like how Mahir could have avoided the fight, and could have gone to a teacher, or could have told his father. Anything, but a fight.

Now coming to him. He has been thinking about what to pick right from the moment they entered the house.

He hasn't picked up yet. So, Manik Thought to help him out and picked out one of the three items which he loves and stated.

"Now, I have something I like and I have reduced your options. You can choose from the other two"

But, He is still confused.

Nandini couldn't handle his confusion and thought he was still young to decide.

And spoke.

"What do you feel like eating?"

Mahir gave her a Blank Stare and said In a small voice.

"I want both."

She just smiled and told. "You can't have both."

She smiled again. And she rephrased and asked him," what do you feel like eating first?"

He stared at her for a few seconds and pointed toward the ice cream.

She took out the ice cream and open the lid off-putting the spoon and scooped it and brought it near his mouth and told. "This is what You wanted to eat. That is your choice."

He had a spoon. "Yeah, but I want that one as well."

" You can have it, but not now." said with little amusement.

Manik was enjoying his chocolate, seeing their banter.

But the Swati was not happy seeing their conversation.

She felt Manik had someone else. She didn't like the way this lady(Nandini) taught something to her own grandson.

Not something she expected. She thought she had everything in control. But it is slipping from her hands and going to her.

She broke the conversation.

"I think we should leave now."

"I don't want to leave," said Mahir.

Manik replied. "Yeah, he can stay. We can leave." pointing towards him and Swati.

Swati glared at him and said, "no, we three are leaving right now."

Nandini did not understand what her problem was. She understood she didn't like her so she didn't want to push the Family Matters and told Manik.

"I have a meeting scheduled. I don't think we can spend time together today." Turning to Mahir. "We will meet tomorrow. Sorry for today."

Even though he was sad, Mahir let It Go and all three left the house.

They reached the Malhotra mansion, Swati was definitely not happy seeing Mahir and Nandini, moreover, it looked like Manik also has a good bond with her. As soon as they entered the living room,

Swati- both of you, I need to talk

Manik knows what it will be so he avoided the conversion " no ma I am really tired, not now"

Swati- no manik, it is not a simple matter(turning to mahir) mahir, you are not meeting nandini anymore.

Mahir could not understand what she was saying and turned toward his father

Manik- ma stop it

Swati- no Mahir do you understand me

Mahir- no I don't(genuinely not understanding)

Swati- see this is what she is teaching him, to talk back

Manik- ma please, don't a fuss about this matter for god sake

Swati- no manik you have to understand that she will become a bad influence on him(turning to Mahir) what I meant was after today you are not meeting that woman again

Mahir just stood there with eyes full of tears, Manik rushed towards him

Manik- Mahir don't cry, it is not what she is saying ok

Mahir- I don't want to stop meeting them.

Manik- yes I know ok you don't have to

Swati was about to tell something but Manik stopped her

Manik- no ma we will talk later

Saying that he left to his room along with Mahir

IN THE ROOM

Mahir- papa, am I not meeting the baby again.

Manik- no Mahir, grandma does not know them yet that is why don't take anything to heart.

Mahir slowly nodded his head, after some time Manik put Mahir on his bed and came down to see, Swati waiting for him.

The story gets interesting from here on, and who all are excited!!!

What do you think Swati will tell Manik, will she manipulate him just like soha case or Manik will stand up.

Happy Reading

LOve

Nandini.