Chapter-20

New day new beginning new challenges, but not so good day for nandini, she was experiencing severe fatigue and nauseous since the time she woke up. When she woke up she saw mahir cuddled by her side and after patting his head for minutes, her health gave up on her. Mahir got up and saw nandini in the washroom and rushed towards manik's room to get him.

Manik just woke up and was about to put his legs down mahir rushed towards him, seeing him all panicked manik asked, "what happened mahir?"

Mahir pointed his hands in the air and said, "I think aunty is in trouble."

Manik gave him a confused look both moved towards mahir's room, only to see that nandini was puking her guts out.

Being the light head she felt someone caressing her back, "leave manik".

Manik just kept patting her back, after some time nandini came back to her senses, and manik left to give her some privacy. After freshening up nandini came out to see that no one was in the room and she moved toward the dinning hall.

While moving she gave the house another glance, indeed malhotra mansion is like a castle. Slowly she moved to the dining table to see that Mahir was sitting and waiting for Manik to come, whereas Manik was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. cooking and eating breakfast together has become a thing for the father and son. from the moment the doctor said that they have to do something together to keep building their relationship Manik has found small things in their daily life that they ought to do it together no matter how busy Manik gets.

Nandini wished mahir good morning, and mahir returned the same. Nandini settled down next to him and asked, " so what is special for breakfast?"

Mahir took a pause and told, "pancakes" nandini nodded and got up to move toward the kitchen.

Manik had his back towards her and was so busy decorating the plate he did not hear nandini clearing her throat. She moved and stood beside him admiring the effort he put to spend time with mahir. Manik just finished placing the chopped bananas, she told, "it looks very appetizing."

Manik was a little stunned, "is it."

Yes, indeed it is."

"Then I hope you enjoy it."

Nandini gave a confused look," is it for me?"

Manik nodded and took the plate and moved toward the dining table, nandini followed and saw that mahir was already eating his. So the pancakes manik was decorating was for hers. She smiled and joined them.

Nandini devoured the pancake, it was like she identified the effort and care he put in while making them for her and it touched her deeply.

After finishing the pancakes, mahir wanted to her to take on the house tour but manik could see her tiredness and nandini is very close to giving birth. she was more important than showing her the house. And their  unfinished talk can wait. 

Mahir was ready for his school, before leaving both the Malhotra boys told her more than 10 times to be careful and nandini nodded her head smiling. After they left she settled in the living area and had nothing to do but was visibly tired. She kept walking but her body gave up and she slept on the nearest sofa.

Manik came back after dropping mahir to the school to see that Nandini was sleeping on the couch. Seeing her sleeping in his house made something in his heart that he couldn't quite put in form of words. Hopefully he will have an answer for that in the future. Without disturbing her he went to the room to bring a blanket and moved towards her slowly and wrapped her in a blanket and sat on the nearby sofa. Manik from time to time kept staring at her and thinking about how his life changed in the last 48 hours. After some time he stood up to take his laptop and start working and glancing at her side by side.

After like 2 hours nandini woke up from her short nap to see that manik is busy at work, she slowly sat up, "manik for how long have you been here?"

Manik looked up and said, "not for long, did you sleep well?"

Nandini nodded and tried getting up and manik helped her up.

"Looks like I am going to be a lot more tired than I expected."

"Don't be so hard on yourself nandini."

Nandini smiled at him and moved to freshen up, manik was troubled and had no idea how to start a conversation with her. He was pretty confident when he proposed to marry her but now he is hesitant.

Nandini slowly came down and settled beside manik, and he slowly started the conversation,

"Are you hungry?"

Nandini nodded her head yes.

Manik soon informed the chef to prepare food and also introduced the house head to her,

"Nandini this is George, and he is in charge of all the household activities if you need anything then let him know."

Nandini nodded her head and shared a smile with George and both the newly married couple settled in the dining room.

After some time manik initiated the talk,

"We never really spoke about the arrangements", nandini nodded her head asking manik to continue.

"After eating I will show you around, and where have you kept your luggage."

"For now it is in Mahir's room."

Manik nodded and continued," do you need a separate room or are you willing to share it with me."

Soon after saying that manik panicked, "what I meant was we don't really have a spare room, and if you want we can convert the guest room but it is quite far and if you need anything it will be a problem.'

Nandini was in thought but still, "I don't have any issues but are you comfortable."

Manik smiled and nodded his head.

After eating and seeing around manan called for the day.

I have considered all the suggestions I got from the prvious chapter. I am working around those ideas only.

For those of you who want mahir to call nandini as 'ma', you will have to wait for now, sorry

Give this chapter a lot of love

Nandini.