CHAPTER-16

Manik left from there to Nandini's apartment. When he reached, he was having an internal battle. Nandini opened the door and was a little surprised to see Manik alone and not with Mahir.

Nandini was surprised and asked, "Manik what a surprise, where is Mahir?"

Manik sighed "he is not with me I need to talk."

Nandini nodded her head and led him inside the house.

Manik settled on the sofa and stayed mum, Nandini was looking at him pinching his fingers clearly giving out that he was nervous

" Did your mother tell Mahir not to meet me that is why you are nervous about informing me?"

Manik nodded his head in no " my son he is very understanding, he never asked me anything, he is calm and rarely gets attached to someone."

Nandini was calmly listening to him whereas Nandini continued, " he asked me something today and I don't know whether I will be able to fulfill it." Nandini was looking at him, Manik locking his eyes with Nandini, " marry me Nandini."

Nandini had her eyes wide, "are you kidding me?" Manik smiled, " do I look like I am kidding?"

Nandini was silent for a few minutes, "but naira said that Mahir does not need a mother."Manik nodded, "he wants me to become the baby's father not the other way around."

Nandini was stunned to speak, this boy who she did not even know 2 months before, is ready to share his father with her baby yet who is related to the baby does not even need it.

Nandini took a deep breath, "I cannot marry you Manik, it will be a hard blow for Mahir even if he did not need a mother now, in the future it might upset him."

Manik stood up, "ok then," saying he started to leave but turned and said, "I will come back, I am not giving up on you."

After Manik left Nandini burst into tears, On one side she trusted the wrong person and on the other side, Mahir is willing to share Manik with her kid. Nethra's visit also did not do any good.

Manik entered his house to see Aryaman was already waiting for him, "where did you go Manik." Manik sitting down in the living room," I went to visit Nandini."

Aryaman gave him a knowing look, "to talk about what Mahir asked." Manik nodded his head.

Again silence prevailed in the room, Aryaman could not hold himself and asked, "are you planning on marrying her." Manik looked up to him, "shouldn't I, the very reason for Mahir to be normal is her, I considered and spoke to Dr. naira as well, and after thinking a lot I decided."

Aryaman curiously asked, "what"

Manik sighed, "to marry her, but Nandini rejected. The bigger problem is ma."

Aryaman knows that his mother will be a problem so he suggested, "let us not inform her now."

Manik nodded and lost in thoughts, thoughts about how he is going to convince Nandini. After thinking a lot Manik decided to try and convince her.

AFTER A WEEK

Throughout the entire week, Manik did not give up, and so neither did Nandini. But there was another problem for Nandini being nethra wanting to take her baby. Though everyone knows and Nandini requested them not to disclose it to Manik. Whereas Manik gave her 100 ways to marry him, Nandini did not bulge, she said, what Mahir, she, and the baby share does not require a tag and she is happy with the way things are going.

Manik and Mahir were talking in the living room, and Manik asked Mahir about how his school was going and whether he got into a fight or anything, and he randomly asked" Mahir, why do you want me to marry Nandini? Only so that the baby has a father."

Mahir nodded his head, "yes"

Manik sighed, "but you do know that Nandini will become your mother."

Mahir frowned, "I don't want a mother."

That is when Mahir realized that what Nandini said was true whatever they have now is precious and Manik did not want to meddle in their relationship, but what about Mahir asking him to be the baby's father. What will be his reaction if he doesn't marry her. He decided to ask him, "what if I don't marry Nandini."?

Mahir gave him a confused look, "why?"

Manik takes him in his arms, "just asking"

Mahir started thinking, "maybe I will find someone else"

Manik laughed, "you will find someone else," Mahir nodded, "but I still want you to be the baby's father." Manik gave him a knowing look and asked, " why don't you talk to Nandini and try and convince her." Mahir nodded

Manik decided that if Nandini does not accept Mahir then he will give up, just one last chance and try. He remembered all the moments with Nandini, she became a friend he never had and he wants to keep it intact maybe more than that, but through the time he started enjoying spending time with Nandini. Maybe he really wants to marry her.

But Nandini's situation was quite complicated, nethra have been texting and calling her, and she was really on a low point moreover, she did receive court papers but no official date yet. No matter what others tell her, she cannot help but feel helpless and angry at both madhyam and his mother and his entire family.

She could not concentrate on her work, nor on anything else. Just thinking about how to save her baby all the time. Just when she was thinking, she heard the Bell, Mahir, and Manik were patiently waiting for her. Nandini opened the door and then realized, she was not ready to face them yet, she invited them inside as usual Mahir beside her Manik opposite them.

Manik by seeing both of them together, just makes his heart swell with happiness. For a long time, they were quiet. But only Mahir conversing. There was a time when everybody was talking and Mahir was quiet now it's the other way around.

Manik started, "You wanted to tell her something Mahir, don't you?" Mahir nodded his head and told. "Nandini aunty Marry my father." He was on point.

Nandini maintained her calm and told Mahir cupping his face, "I cannot marry your father Mahir. Whatever we have. It's good. Let's not complicate relationships. You will find a better mother in the future." "Mother." He frowned at her. "But I don't want a mother."

Now, it was Nandini's time to have a confused face. "You don't want the mother, then why do you want your father to marry me?" Mahir patted her stomach. "Father for the baby." Just the four words brought tears To her Eyes. So many tears that she started crying covering her face.

Manik and Mahir didn't know what to do but kept staring at each other. Mahir reached out to Nandini's hand pulling her and asking her. "What is wrong?"

Nandini kept crying, maybe the emotional stress of the distraught, mother-in-law sorry, ex-mother-in-law, brought and now seeing the boy who has no relationship with her nor her baby wants to share his father with her.

After some time. Nandini calmed down and told Mahir, "I really appreciate and thank you, from the bottom of my heart for you to think about my baby, but don't you think You sharing your father with her Will bring problems.? I would rather have Her fatherless. Then calling her, the adopted daughter of someone."

Manik sighed listening to her. "Don't think so much Nandini. We have a long way to go. We don't have to disclose." But, Nandini was not ready to listen. "She or he definitely has the right to know who her biological father is."

Manik argued, "Yes. They do. But, I am ready to give my surname"

She was not convinced, she did not have the heart of not being Mahir's mother but just accepting Manik as a father for her daughter or son but something in Manik changed and he told. "You will only suffer from the Singhania's, If you don't agree to marry me." she was stunned to listen to him. How did he know about Singhania? 

Now how did Manik know when Nandini clearly told them not to disclose?

Was Mahir able to convince nandini?

what will be Nandini's decesion?

Keep guessing.,

Happy Reading.,

LOve.,

Nandini.,