CHAPTER-2(MANIK)

Life was never easy for me, lost my parents at the age of 15. My dad's friend took me in, they gave me more than I asked for, and I am thankful for that,  the thought of wanting to pay them back for what they did to me, was always on my mind.

But what I did not want was to marry their daughter, but Swati ma had really high hopes on me and I could not just break that, so I married her(Soha) though half-heartedly but I still did.

Even she didn't want to marry me, though we put our level best to our marriage, it did not work after a year.

That's is when we all came to know she was pregnant.....she did not want the baby but I was firm on my decision of having the baby. Because of me and her parents, she could not do anything and after 9 months I had my lifeline in my arms sleeping peacefully and he did make me forget all my worries.

I named him MAHIR ....he is my happiness...I thought after his birth she will change .....Mahir needs both the parents ....and I decided not to give divorce but then I did not realize that would be my biggest mistake.

I tried my level best to stop her from breaking the marriage but she was hell-bent on breaking it. I was confused everything was good a few months back but why sudden changes ....there I got to know that she was in love with someone before our marriage.

Just a few months before our marriage they broke up. When her parents pursued her for marriage she thought she can move on but destiny played some other game and he came back into her life. When I confronted her about this she agreed and told me that she cannot live without him.
When her family came to know about the matter they were mad
I don't know what to do.

I was confused about letting her go, so I thought about talking to Swati ma about this and that would be my second mistake.

Flashback.

Manik- ma, I don't know what to do, Mahir is seeing things, maybe I should just get divorced, I cannot keep someone in relation when the person is not interested.

Swati- what is wrong with you, Mahir needs both of his parents, what will you do when he goes to school in the future and other students will bully him for not having a mother.

Manik sighed not knowing what to answer and stayed silent.

Swati- you don't worry I will talk to her

manik having no option but to remain silent.

Flashback ends

All this time soha did something which made me remove her from mine as well as my son's life...

Since she didn't want to give birth to the baby, she was aloof from my son. Even after Mahir was born the fights between us never stopped. She did not want to be introduced as my wife, I had no problem, we never agreed to anything, it was like we were complete opposite to each other. but when Mahir was turning 4 I noticed that the fights between us is affecting him. so maybe a divorce would have been a better option.

She did not give him time and anything which a mother is supposed to show to their kid... It was all fine I was enough for my son I didn't want her to be my wife but as his mother but she failed, everything went out of control when my son started aloof from everyone even me... something which I couldn't take. This happened right after my talk with Swati ma.

I took him to a child psychiatrist Dr . Naira.....she was treating my son, on the first 2 sessions I came to know that someone had told him that he is unwanted and not required in anyone's life. I was very angry at that time, Dr suggested me to take him on a picnic and she stressed the word family picnic...I did not understand why.
As planned we all went for a picnic in Lonavala, my guest house which includes Soha's mother's father, and Aryaman who is my dear friend from childhood, and yeah not to forget me and my son. It was all going good that day but I did notice my son's longing look on his mother she was not even seeing him I could make out she was doing that on purpose later I confronted her.