Chapter-21

Nandini was nearing her 9th month of pregnancy which means that she can deliver at any time now.

For the past few days, it was anything but tiring for Nandini, but for the Malhotra boys, it was anything but full Panic mode. Both were very sad and worried for her because most of the time Nandini was rather sick, tired, or sleeping. When consulted with the doctor, the doctor told them not to worry and it is usually because she is nearing the date of delivery.

The Malhotra boys decided to surprise her. Nandin left for a routine checkup, and Manik and Mahir made the reason for not joining her in order to set up the room for the arrival of the baby.

Did they know the gender of the baby? They kept it very neutral and very creative. After everything was in place the boys went to the living room and sat down waiting for her.

On the other side will Nandini consulted her doctor. the doctor warned her to be careful and gave a date for her delivery and she was on Cloud Nine, her baby which is in her womb will be in her arms in less than 2 weeks and she could not wait to share the news with them.

When Nandini reached home she was surprised to see a special room ready for her kid. Eyes full of Tears and a smile on her face she couldn't help but thank them for all the love she and her kid is receiving. With them enjoying each and every minute of their life, they have no idea what is coming their way. Will it be for the good or bad we will have to wait and see.

FAST FORWARD TO NANDINI'S DELIVERY DAY.

Manik panicked when he received the call from the maid stating that Nandini is going into labor. When he reached home Nandini was struggling to breathe but he somehow consoled Nandini and himself and reached the hospital. And soon Nandini was taken, but the problem was when the doctor approached him,

"You are the husband, you will be entering the room."

Manik panicked," Yes I am the husband don't you have to ask the patient if she is comfortable first?".

Docter nodded her head and went to confirm, Manik informed everyone that Nandini is in labor, and Mahir was in school but while he was conflicted about whether to bring in Mahir from school, the doctor came back, " Yes she wants you in."

Manik was shocked and worried at the same time. After pushing all the unnecessary thoughts, Manik moved inside and was so close to crying seeing Nandini crying and in pain.

All he can do is give her mental support and he slowly moved forward and took Nandini's hand and said, "It's alright Nandini I am here for you."

Nandini swallowed her cries and clutched his hand tightly, "Don't leave Manik."

After like 6 and more hours manik finally heard the cries of a baby.

It was like someone has splashed water on his face when he turned his head towards the sound. The little bundle of joy, Manik's overwhelming was an understatement. He looked at Nandini to see her with tears in her eyes. Gently patting her head as though signaling her that everything is alright. After a few minutes, the nurse bought the baby to Nandini and she burst into tears. Manik was no less and was itching to carry the baby. Nandini passed the baby to Manik and the emotions Manik had was not something he could put into words.

After some time the nurse took the baby for further tests manik sat beside Nandini. All the stress and tiredness shook Nandini and she went into a deep slumber. Manik sat there for some time without doing anything but staring at her. His heart was heavy with unsaid and unshed feelings, he sat there some more time, and Naina and naira along with Cabir and Harshad rushed to the hospital. Manik met them outside the room,

Harshad was the first one to ask, "How is Nandini?"

Manik smiled nodding his head, "She is fine, and just sleeping."

Naira came forward and asked, "And the baby?"

Manik smiled and said, "It's a girl."

After congratulating each other. Their happiness knew no bounds and wanted to see Nandini, but since she was resting they couldn't meet her.

On the other hand, Aryaman was the one to go and pick up Mahir from his school, not seeing either of his parents mahir was confused. After settling him in the seat Aryaman started the car and left for the hospital while traveling

"Mahir we will be going to the hospital, we mostly will be able to see the baby now."

"But why hospital."

That is when Aryaman realized that Mahir is still 6 years old and probably did not know that Nandini is in the delivery room.

"You will know."

Not tensing him further, Aryaman did not make further conversations. The duo reached the hospital, and seeing the atmosphere, Mahir was a little taken aback but Aryaman made sure to always hold his hands. They reached the floor Nandini was in, and by the time, the baby was all checked and nursed was sleeping beside Nandini. Manik was with his friends in the waiting room.

Manik took Mahir with him to see Nandini, on the way

"The baby is finally here mahir, are you excited?" Mahir was filled with joy, Manik never saw his son this happy.

"But remember, the baby is still so small, and you have to be very careful."

Mahir was excited to see the baby, Manik carried him to the room, Nandini was sleeping peacefully, and beside her bed was the baby cart, Manik settled Mahir down near the cart. Mahir was too stunned to speak, "Papa she is so small."

Manik smiled, "Yes she is. But how did you know it is a girl."

"I knew it a long back." Saying this mahir was about to touch her cheeks,

"No Mahir you have to wash your hands first."

Mahir rushed to the washroom and came back after washing his hands.

"Can I touch her now?"

Manik nodded his head, Mahir slowly touched her cheeks, as if the baby sensed him opening her, and Mahir was stunned again, "Hi baby." Responding to him she moved and Mahir held her tiny fingers to which she held his fingers more tightly. Manik smiled seeing them bonding, looks like this duo is going to be inseparable. Manik was enjoying their conversation and suddenly turned towards Nandini, seeing her sleeping manik sighed, he had so many emotions in his mind and he did not know whom to share with.

After some time the baby went off to sleep, to which Mahir made a sad face, but he turned towards Nandini, seeing her sleeping he went to her and sat beside her.

"Papa is she ok."

"Yes, mahir she is just tired."

"Can I sleep next to her?"

Manik was surprised, but before he could answer, Mahir went and patted Nandini's hand as though asking her for some space, Nandini still tired opened her eyes, and seeing Mahir, she took him in her hands and dosed off again. Mahir after some time slept as well.

Manik gulped his emotions down, it is his family from now on and he will do anything to keep them safe.

The baby is finally here, 

do you want the baby's name from M or N?

The Next part coming this evening.

Happy reading 

Love.,

Nandini