CHAPTER- 19

After helping nandini settle down with mahir manik left from there with the marriage papers to the Khurana mansion. Manik knew that Swati is going to make a scene regarding the marriage, to avoid any problems he need to make sure that she knows his stand and that there are no future problems.

Manik knocked on the door and Aryaman opened the door, seeing him at the door he knew exactly why Manik is there in the first place, so without holding him up Aryaman invited him inside. Both went to the living room to see that Mr. and Mrs. Khurana were having a light conversation. After the scene in the Malhotra Mansion, Swati never met Manik and the biggest shock for Swati was that Manik also did not contact her. Now seeing him in the Khurana Mansion with the file Swati was shocked and happy that he came. Manik sat down on the nearest sofa both the elders can make out that Malhotra was a little nervous about what he wanted to talk but either way they gave him the space to take his own time and talk according to his wish.

Manik after stalling for some time gave the file to Swati, she took the file  gave him a confused look, and asked, " what is in this file and why are you so nervous to give it to us?"

Manik just kept quiet without telling anything it is like he was conserving all his energy for a bigger conversation. In the past when manik was married to soha and before that Manik had only one taught that is not to disappoint the Khurana couple and he faced a bigger price by abiding by that rule, now he can do anything for his son's happiness probably even for the kid that is on the way.

Swathi open's the file and was shocked to see the marriage registration papers, she could not control her anger And busted, " what type of joke is this? I know I know the time I saw that lady she is trying to do this sort of thing I knew it I told you to stay away from her."

Manik shook his head no and told her, " it was not her it was me I wanted to marry her."

Swati could not hold herself and asked, " you wanted to marry her you never like anybody in the first place."

Manik was a little taken aback when she told him that but either way let it go and said, " things have changed for me and I wanted to marry her and I think that she is the person for me."

Manik did not tell them that it was a suggestion to get the baby the father he kept it as a little secret between them. He knows that with little explanation and stubbornness, he can make the couple agree but he didn't want to do that, he wanted it to remain as he was genuinely interested in Nandini and that is the reason why he went ahead and married her in the first place.

Vivek Khurana that is the father of Aryaman was silent throughout the conversation but he couldn't hold himself and asked Manik, " you like her genuinely."

Manik nodded his head "Yes".

Vivek took a deep breath and told everyone in the room, " listen everybody the moment Soha divorced Manik we have no say in his life, he is free to do whatever he wants in his life.  We should be concerned about Mahir we cannot change the fact that he is our grandchild. ( turning to Swati) you do not question him about who he marries or not, you have already done enough damage to his life. ( patting manik's back) I never doubted your capabilities before I know you are more capable of making your own decisions so I wish you all the best I want to meet that girl Nandini and we will soon meet her officially."

Manik stood up and hugged Vivek and said, " sure we will"

After telling him goodbyes Manik left the place.

While reaching Malhotra Mansion manik had so many thoughts running in mind like 'they never really discussed things like where they are going to stay' 'how they are going to live' and a few ground rules which neither of them had spoken about, but it is going to be little awkward now that they are married.

Manik reached to see that the house was genuinely quiet, wondering where the other two were he started checking the kitchen but not finding them he went to his room to see that Nandini and Mahir were sleeping together side by side which warmed his heart a lot, standing there by the door Manik was looking at them with an unknown pride and happiness. Tired because he convinced Nandini to marry him and happy because Mahir will genuinely have a motherly figure even if Mahir denies not calling her mother.  Somewhere he trusts Nandini that she will handle Maahir someday.

Covering them with a blanket and pecking Mahir's forehead Manik left the room to finally have the closure of the day.

I have no idea what will happen in the upcoming parts.

Do suggest some scenes which you would love to read about them.

Love.,

nandini