Loving Anika

Chapter 3 Thursday 3:40 pm

Anika walked into her house to see her brother Jahlil at the kitchen island doing his homework . She took off her shoes and walked over to him and sat down .

"Hey fathead " he said not looking up from his work . Anika took out her homework and started it too .

"Hey , how was school ? " Anika said .

"It was alright everyone was on my case about me not asking Myani to the Spring Formal . I'm like we got all week and spring break and after break I'm going to ask her on my own time . " He laughed while looking over to his sister who was writing then looking back down at his work .

"Well it is taking you a long time to ask her . We known about this since February and its May , but then at the same time that's your girlfriend so she basically knows your bringing her and when ever you want to ask her is when you should ask her . So it all comes down to how you feel . " Anika said while stil writing . Jahlil looked up and laughed lightly then playfully pushed her shoulder .

"You so cheesy nika" he laughed.

"What ! I'm just being honest " she said laughing . Anika packing up her finished homework then the doorbell rung . She hopped off the island chair to see Jahlil friends through the peephole.

"Jahlil it's your friends ." Anika said turning towards her brother .

"Yeah let them in " he said after a second of thought . Anika opened the door , both of them came in and hugged Anika . Both of them liked her but they didn't address it because they knew how Jahlil was over his sister . And Jahlil just thought that you can never like your friends siblings it's weird .

They took off their shoes and dapped Jahlil up . Jahlil packed up his homework and sat on the couch where they were . You would never guess that Jahlil was best friends with them . He was dressed nice had a nice little Afro taper . Didn't sag his pants and didn't wear a bunch of flashy things . Most flashiest thing he wore was his Gold watch some days and diamond earring that their grandmother gave him.

He did wear designer but also wore non name brand but you couldn't tell because he dressed it up nice . Jahlil was also one of the smartest black guys you knew. He was ghetto and street smart but also very book smart . He didn't play when it came to school he didn't want to sell drugs like everyone else around him .

He was very well known in school though and the most feared and most hated . He was the boy everyone guy wished they were so they hated on him and all the girls wished they had so they loved him . Sometimes girls would try to use Anika to get close to her brother and his friends .

On the other hand Kionte and Jayquan friends were hood rats and deep in the streets of Compton. They were flashy didn't wear nothing else but designer and they sold drugs . But they all had good hearts and good personalities that's what caused Jahlil to keep talking to them . They all been tight since Jahlil was in the 1st grade . The clique started off with Jahlil and Jayquan they been friends since pre k but became close in 1st grade . Then Kionte came along .

You would never guess that Jayquan would start selling drugs he was almost just as smart as Jahlil . He played basketball and was a star player but in the 10th grade Mike , Kionte and Jayquan got into selling drugs by being in the wrong place at the wrong time . But they weren't bad people they just did bad things .

The door bell rung again but this time it was Malia . Her and Anika hugged then headed towards the stairs .

"We are going upstairs " Anika said out loud but mostly to her brother. She grabbed her book bag then went upstairs with Malia.