Hey Black Child

Chapter 4 Friday 1:15 am

Hey Black Child

Do you know you are strong ?

I mean really strong - Maya Angelou

Anika grabbed her iPhone . She hated nights like this well mornings like this . The ones when she tossed and turned because too much was on her mind . She felt as if it was too much to handle and it was no one she could talk to .

She couldn't talk to Jahlil because she knew how he gets over her. She knows that he is the type to hurt anyone that tries to hurt his .

But it wasn't from just one person it was everything just piling ontop of each other . She couldn't talk to her mother because she knew her mom was trying her best to raise 3 kids on her own . And she didn't want to put more on her plate . Her mom was doing everything she could .

Malia didn't understand either . She had the "life" it seemed like she didn't go through anything . Everything was a breeze for her . She had fun all the time , partied when she wanted to , never went through anything crazy .

She texted the only person she felt like understood her , Jordan .

1:30am

Anika : Hey Jordan are you awake ?

1:35

Jordan : Yeah now I am wassup you okay ?

1:37

Anika : Everything I just need to talk to you bestfriend 😒

1:38

Jordan : do you want me to pick you up ?

Anika thought about it for a second . Her mom wouldn't approve at this time but she really needed it so bad . She needed to take her mind off of everything she couldn't sleep . It was horrible for her .

1:41

Anika : yes please

1:43

Jordan: okay youngin' imma be there in 10 minutes around 2:00 😘

Anika walked over to her vanity in her room and unwrapped her hair so it was straight down . Her hair fell to her shoulders but just a little bit above . The dyed ends that Malia did was perfect it was a dark deep purple color . And her hair was bone straight even though she is fully natural .

She tiptoed to the bathroom . She quickly and quietly washed her face with a warm rag and patted it dry . She didn't turn on any lights because she didn't want to wake anyone up .

Anika walked back to her room and grabbed her black and white Nike slides and a black zip up jacket. She put on grey Nike sweats so that she could be comfortable .

1:55

Jordan: I'm outside

Anika walked downstairs quietly and went outside trying to not make a sound. She ran down to the steps and walked over to Jordan's big Honda . She opened the door and climbed inside .

"Hey , where you wanna go ? " He said as he pulled off from in front of her house . Anika buckled in her seat belt and looked over to admire Jordan's features . It made her forget every bad feeling she felt and she felt warm in her heart.

"Let's just get Wendy's or something . " Anika suggested . Jordan nodded his head and drove off . He had on sweats and a white tee shirt . Anika could tell he had hurried to get here but he still looked attractive .

"Thank you for picking me up Jordan " Anika said as she ate her food in the car . Jordan parked in the parking lot of Wendy's so they could stop to eat and talk . It was 2:10 in the morning and he was happy that he could spend Time with her . No girl made him feel this way at all . He never was speechless around any girl and never was he shy .

"Your welcome Nika you know I got you no matter what " he said grabbing some of her fries . Anika laughed and hit his hand while he grabbed more and shoved them in his mouth . Anika and Jordan's eyes locked for a moment then Anika looked away. He was making her nervous and she didnt know what else to do.

" So who are you taking to the Spring Formal ? " Anika asked him while she finished up the last of her food

" A lot of girls asked me actually " he laughed "But the only girl i want walking with me in there is you . Nobody else but you, So Anika will you go tot the Spring Formal with me ?" Jordan asked Anika.

She smiled so hard she felt like her face was going to fall off. "yes i was waiting for you to ask me that."

Jordan leaned over towards Anika and .....

Anika woke up to the sound of her mother yelling wake up and the smell of breakfast on the stove . Anika sighed and ran her hands over her face . That whole thing was a dream no matter how much she wished it was true

She slapped her face lightly a couple of times to make sure she was awake . But she was really hoping that she could go back asleep or that all of that really happened she sighed and got up to go to school.