Its repectable

CHARACTERS AND MUSIC IN MULTIMEDIA
EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES !

I live in this brown skin
And I shall die in this same brown skin
I won't lighten or darken, -Danielle P

Anika walks out of school with Malia and their other "friend" Essence . They walk threw the courtyard talking to people and saying there goodbyes to each other even though they would see them all tomorrow .

Essence was a half black half Puerto Rican girl . She and Anika met last year through Malia . But something about Essence didn't click with Anika .

"Anika you gon be black walking out here in the sun with no hat or nothing. You already turned darker and it only Spring . " Essence said to Anika as they made their way to the front of the school.

"That's okay I'm comfortable in whatever skin tone I'm in. And no matter how dark I get I'mma still be cute." Anika said back smartly with a fake witty smile .

Essence rolled her eyes "well all I'm saying is be careful before you end up looking like a piece of burnt toast."Essence laughed.

Malia even let out a chuckle which caused Anika to become upset .

"Malia and Essence yall can both shut up. That's corny , if your gonna try to get on me at least say something funny." Anika spat back she felt as if Malia shouldn't be laughing like that's her best friend who should be defending her.

"Nika chill im just playing . " Essence said putting her arms out to Anika for a hug .

"Nobody saying nothing bout your thick unibrow caterpillars that you call eyebrows . " Anika said causing Jordan and all the other kids infront of the school to start laughing .

Essence got mad and strutted away , back into the school . Malia looked at Anika laughing from the joke still with with a Come on face .

"What I was just playing with her " Anika said mocking Essence. Malia laughed then ran in the school after Essence .

Anika saw Jayquan and Kieonte walk out the front door of the school . And she walked over to them as some other girls followed . They both hugged Anika and just nodded at the other girls .

As Kieonte got occupied with some girls in the parking lot Jayquan walked with Anika towards his car . Anika got in his car as they began to drive.

"Malia not coming ? " Jayquan said starting his car .

"I don't know , she's inside tending to a crying Essence " Anika laughed while she put on her seatbelt .

As soon as they were about to drive off Kieonte and Malia got into the car .

"Took yall long enough " Jayquan joked as he drove off .

"Kieonte was talking to the little thot clique " Malia joked while she typed away on her phone . Kieonte smiled and pushed her shoulder .

Kieonte was a boy that stood 6'6" with Carmel skin . He was skinny a skinny boy but not anorexic skinny . He was slim actually . Kieonte had a fresh edge up all the time. He was very handsome and charming . He was also the flashy type , him Jayquan and Jahlil always had the latest clothing items .

Malia and Kieonte had a little cute side conversation in the back of the car as Jayquan turned up the music and talked to Anika .

"So how was school ? " Jayquan asked Anika as he took quick glances from the road to her .

"It was actually good , you should know basically following me and popping up somehow everywhere I was " Anika teased . Jayquan laughed and pulled into the parking lot of the mall that Jahlil worked at .

Kieonte and Malia got out the car first and rushed to the mall entrance door . The weather was nice out it wasn't too hot but it wasn't cold . It was 70° but felt like 77° .

Anika and Jayquan took their time as they made their way inside of the mall . Anika unlocked her phone and saw that she had 178 unread messages but only 6 new ones.

Anika the type of her person who would read a message and not open it for different reasons . Or she would think she replied when she actually didn't so the unread number got higher and higher . The only people she replied to were people who mattered to her or texted her when she felt like talking .

"Who you texting " Jayquan opened the door for Anika to walk in . She walked under his arm to go inside the mall entrance as Jayquan followed. Two other girls walked in behind him so he caught the door before it closed on them .

They both smiled at him in a flirty way and he smiled back . Anika rolled her eyes as she watched then began to walk to FootLocker where her brother works . Jayquan caught up to her .

"What's wrong ? " he laughed as he got infront of her and faced her causing her to stop.

"Nothing, now please move . Thank you " Anika said then moved around him . And walked into the store to see Malia and Kieonte on the bench inside the store trying on the Jordan Hare 7s that Jahlil held for all of them .

Jayquan walked into the store near a girl Anika recognized from their school . The girl hugged him then walked away to look at sneakers . Jayquan walked over to the group and Jahlil came from the back with Anika's sneakers and Jayquan's .

Anika sat down near her brother
"thanks Jah !" She said while trying the sneaker on . She walked around in it then took it back off then went to conversate with Malia .

"Thanks bro good looking out " Jayquan said to Jahlil as him and Kieonte tried the sneakers on .

"Yeah yall good . But yeah waddup with you and my sister ? " Jahlil said causing Jayquan to feel nervous .

He felt like knew Jahlil knew about him and Anika and it was time to just let him know . Once he was about to open his mouth Kieonte talked .

"Nah me and Malia don't for nothing going on . She just cool I'm booling blood . " Kieonte joked as he leaned back in his chair and slid down a little . Jayquan let out a small sigh . He though Jahlil was talking bout him .

"Yeah don't play her though . That's like my little sister man " Jahlil said while grabbing all the boxes of sneakers and bringing it to the cash register.

Jayquan and Kieonte followed him to the front register and payed for their sneakers as Jahlil bought Anika's and Malia's .

They grabbed the bag thanked Jahlil one more time and dapped him up . Anika hugged Jahlil as Malia waved by then they left as Jahlil got back to work .

"Okay we going to the food court " Malia announced as she dragged Kieonte with her . He smiled and put his arm around her as they walked away .

Anika walked with Jayquan as he just stared down at her. He was taller than her and he liked that .

"Stop acting like that " Jayquan said putting his arm on Anika's shoulder . She kept looking at her phone typing away .

"I'm not acting like anything . " Anika replied nonchalantly.

"Yeah your mad that other girls were talking to me."

"Actually I'm not because I'm not your girlfriends" Anika rolled her eyes .

"Now this " Jayquan said taking his arm off her shoulder and taking out his Gold iPhone .

"Always been this "

"Not this morning when we went out for breakfast ."

Anika smirked remembering it causing Jayquan to laugh and hug her . As they made their way to the next store two police officers approached them .

"Hello are you Jayquan Harris ? " The short fat cop asked fixing his belt while the tall skinny one stared. Anika looked at him confused then up at Jayquan .

"Yeah , why ? " Jayquan replied grabbing Anika's hand . She intertwined her fingers in his .