Betrayed

Sierra's P.O.V.

I looked up at the castle from where I stood on the edge of the Forbidden Forest. I glanced down at my paws before- Wait. Paws?

I looked down at where my feet where supposed to be to see four, big, black paws. I was also standing on all fours. Without eve intending to, I walked over to the lake. I tried to stop but it was like I couldn't control myself. I looked down into my reflection and was shocked to see a large black dog staring back at me. I recognized the dog from my last dream.

I looked back up at the castle. "Harry Potter," I growled again.

Suddenly everything in front of me warped into something else and I was laying on my back, staring up at the dark sky. Trees were all around me. "Sierra," my father said. I sat up quickly and looked to my right to see him standing there, looking the same as he always did.

"Father," I greeted, standing and wiping the dirt off the back of my pajamas.

"Why were you dreaming you were a dog?" he asked, turning his head to the side.

"I-I," I started. Then I sighed. "I have no idea. What did you invade my dreams for?"

He scoffed. "Oh, I'm sure you know why," he said. A spark went through my lips, causing me to wince and touch them lightly.

"Oh," I said solemnly, looking to the ground. "That. The kiss with Harry? It was nothing. I-I'm already trying to distance myself from him, which I'm sure is what you were going to tell me, right?"

He stared at me for a second, and I braced myself for him to congratulate me for being smart about the situation, until- "No," he said simply, shrugging his shoulders. My mouth gaped open.

"No?" I asked.

"No," he repeated. "I don't want you to distance yourself from Potter. It is clear that you have no feelings for him, which would be absurd to even think about, so no. You have proved that even though you do care for him-" he made a disgusted face. "-you will be able to handle the time when he will have to die. You being his friend is something crucial. If you stop being his friend just like that, he will suspect something and it will be very hard to gain his trust back if we ever need to."

I was still shocked, but proud at the same time. He believed I could handle it. He believed in me. "O-Okay then," I said, letting out a breathy laugh. "Thank you for...trusting I can handle it. And you're right, I absolutely do not fancy him."

He smiled. "Good," he said. Then he lowered himself slightly to where we were eye-level with each other. "Never forget who you are, Sierra. You can deal with anything anyone throws at you, or anything you are assigned because you are powerful. Never let anyone tell you anything different. And when I come back to power, you and I will be the most feared dark wizards out there, do you understand? You are powerful, Sierra. You are my daughter."

____

The next morning, I awoke with a spring in my step, my fathers word echoing around in my head repeatedly. You are powerful, Sierra. You are my daughter.

"What's got you in such a happy mood?" Airam asked as her, Jalen, and I went down to the common room to meet the boys and then go to breakfast.

"Oh, it''s just a really great morning," I said, smiling widely over at her. She giggled and looked over at Jalen, who was looking at me with raised eyebrows.