❄️18❄️

Warnings? This is going to be a lot of information and the chapters will feel heavy with it but bare with me. Things will be explained. 

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

I was now sparring with Issac in the greenhouse. I don't know why but I was much more agitated. But I let whatever was bothering me take over my mind and in that Issac had managed to knock out my sword from my hands and off my feet.

"Anne?" Issac said after he disarmed me. "You alright?"

I just lay there staring at the ceiling. "No. I don't know."

He walked over and held out his hands. I smiled a bit and sat up taking his hand as he pulled me up back on my own two feet. He then bent down to pick up my sword then stood back up and handed it to me.

"So?" Issac asked.

I looked up into his eyes as he looked down at me. He was certainly getting taller. Taking the hilt of my fencing sword I step away and headed to the bench.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I answered blankly as flattened out my long skirt.

It was ridiculous really when sparring I was to wear a skirt that went to my ankles and a fencing jacket whereas Issac, and all boys were wearing trousers and a fencing jacket. However, it wasn't my place it was the attire, at least the "proper" attire, and I had nothing to do but to deal with it, to deal with it and complain only to Margo, Isabella, and Aunt Mairie.

I picked up a small bottle of water.

"Anne?"

"Yeah?"

"How long have we known each other?"

I let out a sigh and then turned to look at him. "All our lives, though given my memory loss, what six years."

"So I know better than anyone that something is bothering you."

"Can we not do this now?" I asked. "It's my last day before heading back to school and one wonders what Olivia is going to say after her round trip around Europe."

Issac let out a soft laugh as he walked over. "Olvia Westfell," Issac said. "She and her family have no shame."

"They are the King's cousins."

"Her father is third in line for the crown after the princess. I imagine they're just waiting for it to all fail."

"But the gateway did open," I told him. "Haven't you heard?"

"I did, it wasn't for long and it was for a while enough for some of the people to get out."

"Sir Oshwald is one of them," I commented. 

"Don't like him much?"

"I saw his rank on his coat. It's no more than a specialist but not high enough to be involved with your father, Lady Aubrey, or my uncle. Why is he involved?

"i know Sir Oshwald, was one of the few knights that went to my father maybe he had information."

"He's the last one to always leave the meetings," I continued. "I don't know, but something about him seems all too familiar."

"Maybe you've met him."

"I've lived in Paris most of my life, my father went to Aretheil if he needed to."

Both of us looked inside and saw Sir Oshwald passing by with my uncle beside him. The way he held himself was... too proper. While her uncle was more relaxed he was too rigid and stern.