❄️6❄️

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

15 years ago...

Prince Stefan was coming home from his voyage, venturing the seas. To some, muggles mostly, he would be known as a pirate.

Stefan enjoyed sailing across the seven seas seeing the world. Most of the world thought he was just a rich young man from an enormous family of wealth, but only in the wizarding community did they know exactly who he was—Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Arethiel.

After receiving word that his father's sickness rapidly brought him closer to his end, Stefan cut his voyage short and returned home, where his people were also awaiting the day their king would pass. And when he did, all his people felt the prince's heartbreak for the loss of their last parents and their king.

A few days later, Stefan's coronation was set. And he became king. Everyone from around the world came and gathered, for he was a young King with the world at his feet. Some came to be part of the celebration. In comparison, others brought their daughter in hopes that the new King would fall in love with one of them.

But no one had foreseen that a young muggle-born witch from Hogwarts (who King Stefan would meet a year later) would claim his heart.

Her name was Ingrid. She was like a breath of fresh air to Stefan. She didn't know who he was and treated him like any other.

Months would pass, and then Stefan decided to tell Ingrid who he was and everything else. Ingrid didn't know how to respond, though she felt she should've known with powerful families constantly telling both of them they wouldn't last. Mostly her. But Ingrid knew one thing for certain. She was truly and deeply in love with Stefan.

And over the next two years, they continued and fell even more in love. Then, a few months later, they would marry, and Ingrid would become Queen of Arethiel. And a month, she was expecting her and King's first child.

They decide not to show her to the world until her first birthday.

But they knew. The moment they saw their daughter's eyes, they knew she had inherited a power pass down from the oldest of magic. Magic hasn't seen since King Stefan's great-grandmother, who had to be struck down by her own children and people. Stefan and Ingrid were worried for their daughter of course, but they knew that with love and patience, their daughter would not become like her great-great-grandmother. And that she could prove that magic isn't always evil. That old magic is just as equally as the magic other witches and wizards have.

"Anastasia," Stefan said to his wife.

"Why Anastasia?" Ingrid ask.

"It means 'She who will rise'," Stefan said, holding his daughter in his arms. "And I could see it now, our daughter with the world at her feet and could be far more than any King before."

"Even you dear?"

"One can hope."

"I think we should give her a chance to be a child first. Before you thrust her upon the throne."