Dirty Dancing

Jackson leaned on the rails on the roof top of the JYP building looking down at the city of Seoul, his vision was blurred and all the lights had become just one big blob because he had stared at one spot too long deep in thoughts.He had done a lot of thinking in the few hours that he'd been alone,he had come to realise he was never going to be able to be the man that Mark needed him to be, he wouldn't be able to protect him or love him the way he should be, the way he deserved to be. He had to put a stop to his crazy obsession with him, how he was going to that he didn't know, but he knew he had to stop before anyone got hurt. He felt a hand squeeze his shoulder and turned to see Bambam looking at him with what appeared to be pity in his eyes. "I knew i'd find you here" Bambam reached in the plastic bag he had in his other hand and pulled out a can of beer, Jackson rolled his eyes and look away."You know you need this" Bambam held Jackson's hand and pressed the can of beer into his palm. "Thanks" he opened the can and took a long sip, Bambam smiled at him and took a sip of his own beer.

"He got the job. Didn't have to break his leg to get it" Bambam took another swig of his beer "and it had nothing to do with you, he's really good, ballroom, ballet, contemporary and hip-hop, martial arts...and did i mention hip-hop? we couldn't have found anyone better" Bambam announced stealing glances at his friend to see his reaction to the news. 

"Does he know?"

"Yep. I gave him the news at the hospital" pausing to look at Jackson "he seemed happy, maybe just being polite, but i think he would have liked to hear it from someone else" he added. Jackson puffed air into his cheeks and started pacing up and down, Bambam knew his friend too well and so he answered the questions he couldn't ask, he didn't need to ask.

"He's ok, hyung. The doctor said it's just a hairline fracture and it should be healed by Monday, he just needs to take it easy over the weekend, I dropped him off at home before coming here and Jr is staying over tonight". Jackson sat down on the floor where he was standing and let out a sigh of relief as he folded one leg on top of the other, Bambam joined him. 

"I am so pathetic...a fool...a coward" He took a sip of his beer and looked at Bambam " When i'm not with him i can't do anything, can't eat, can't sleep, hell i can't even think straight until i see him" he smiled at the thought of Mark's face "you know what's funny? I see him and i can't even speak, not a single word" he laughed at himself " i have never felt this strong about anyone before, it's so strong that it hurts, it makes me want to laugh and cry...Bambam...what do i do?....what do i do?"

"You know there's a name for that, it's not that complicated...it's love hyung...and it's ok" Bambam tried to assure his friend.

"I'm afraid...afraid of this strange feeling...afraid of society,the stigma...afraid of my mom....my dad" He blinked back the tears in his eyes not wanting to breakdown in front of his friend. Bambam could see the struggle on Jackson's face, he took his hand in his own.

Mark is the sweetest, kindest person i know, i have never come across anyone with a heart as big as his, you should talk to him, tell him your fears" Jackson shook his head slowly from side to side. Bambam put his hand at the back of Jackson's head as if to will him to accept what he was saying " he will understand...the journey is always easier and shorter when you have someone" he let go off his head "i know this may not be much coming from me,  but this i know for sure, you can't let the chance to love him pass you by" He patted Jackson's back and left him to maul over his words.

It was Monday night and Jackson found himself on the street across from the coffee shop spying on Mark. He had come to the area with the excuse of picking up his Betty, who was he kidding. He had tried to stay away, god he had, but he was going out of his mind with grief and self-pity, he had to see him before he did anything stupid. He hadn't seen Mark since that Saturday night but it felt like a thousand years and as if not being able sleep or eat wasn't punishment enough, he was being tortured by the memory of Mark's scream and the image of him falling. He had thought about what Bambam said and he was going to try to make things right, he was not going to care what anyone thought, he was going to be strong, and bold, and...and...he saw Mark step out of the shop....and he was going to love Mark.