7

I broke my phone when I fell into stiles's window. I went back home, using the house phone to call Monet.

"Dude, do you know how many industries building there are in beacon hills with basements!" She lets out a frustrated groan.

"Try and narrow them down, it's the only lead I have." I'm passing the kitchen, walking back and forth and back and forth.

"Times like this I miss Oliver." She whispers, a whole appears in my chest and I have to swallow my tears.

She noticed my silence, "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"It's fine, I know what you mean." I clear my throat, the house phone begins to ring and I have to hang up on monet to answer it.

"Parker, that you?" It's my mom. "I tried calling your cell but it didn't work."

"Yeah I dropped it, stupid thing broke." I look at the shattered phone sitting on the counter.

"Listen, I just got off my shift, I'm heading to the station to see if I can help out, want me to pick you up on the way-"

"Yes, I'll get you outside."

***

We walk into the police station, I haven't been in here in what feels like decades. Mom walks up to the reception just as my dad walks to meet us.

"What are you doing here?" He looks between me and mom.

"My shift was over, we just wanted to see if we could help out," She tells him.

"Follow me"

***

"So what are you saying?" I ask from the back seat, pocking my head threw to the front.

"I'm saying the real question might be, how do we know he's not still asleep?" My dads driving while my moms in the passenger, "And put your seatbelt on, Parker."

I lean back but don't listen to him. "You mean he's been asleep this whole time?" Mom says.

"Well, people who sleepwalk can do crazy things. One guy goes down to the kitchen and cooks an entire meal. Another guy is mowing his lawn naked," Dad says, occasionally glancing back to me and mom.

"Why's any of that matter?" I shrug, crossing my arms.

"Melissa, do you remember that townhouse apartment we lived in?" He asks, "there was that one night I came home drunk.."

"One night?" I mumble under my breath.

"Parker," He scolds, glaring at me in the rear mirror. "So I'm drunk, passed out on the bed. I get up to go to the bathroom, then all of a sudden I hear you yelling 'what the hell are you doing'"

"Because you were in the closed peeing into the laundry basket." Mom laughs.

"You peed in the closed," I can't help but laugh also, a smile even appears on my face.

"I thought it was the bathroom!" He defends.

"Oh, no, you were drunk off your ass." Mom shakes her head, wiggling a finger at him.

"One time, I caught dad sleeping on the coffee table drunk," I peek my head in again, Mom scoffs out a laugh.

"Not surprised!"

"I thought it was the couch," he rolls his eyes.

"Definitely not a couch." I fall back into my seat.

"So how do we know stiles isn't just convinced he's in some kind of basement?" Dad says, "and isn't actually there. I think when he called Scott he was still asleep. He's still asleep right now."

"Okay but, where is he then?" I interject, "because he's not at home in bed?"

"I got an idea about that too."

***

A branch snapped beneath my feet as we got closer. "The dens this way," My father leaded.

I stopped in my tracks. I could hear something, whimpering, soft crying. I sniffed, something smelled horrible nearby.

But I know his scent from anywhere.

Cheap Cologne that somehow smelled good, fresh paper and ink. Sweat and the usual stress and anxiety.

I saw my mom staring at me, her expression was confused but I played it off my wiping my nose like I was just sniffling.

Then I heard a loud gasp and a panicked cry. It's him.

I darted in the direction. "Parker!!" Dad yelled for me. I could hear them running after me but I'm much faster than them.

I could see the cave. I stopped for a second with the overwhelming smell, it was horrible, I didn't want to go anywhere near it.

Dad pushed me out the way, him and mom reached into the cave. He was screaming and yelling and crying and flaling his arms around.

"Stiles!" I tried to grab his hands.

My mother wrapped her arms around him, pinning him to her. "Stiles? You're okay!!" She yelled.

"Stiles, stiles," I held his face in my hands, he was so dirty. His breathing was heavy but his yelling had subsided. "You're okay, Iv got you."

His eyes darted over my face, finally landing on my eyes. "Iv got you now, nothings gonna hurt you."

Suddenly his arms were around me, he was hugging me, crying into my shoulder. I was in too much shock to hug him back.

I looked up to my mom, who was just watching us. He was gripping my shirt so tightly I thought he might rip it.

"Iv got you."

***

"He's sleeping now," Sheriff Stilinski informed us, I felt like a huge boulder had just been lifted off my chest. "He'll be fine, he doesn't remember much."

I looked down at my dirt covered clothes. "It's a bit like a dream to him." He continues, he looked over at my father. "Thank you."

"It was the repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep other animals out," my father says. I roll my eyes and internally scoff, that was the smell, I almost laugh at how the repellent even worked on me. "I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering. It's just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone."

"No, it was more than that. Thank you."

"It was a lucky connection," My dad shrugs it off.

"McCall, can you shut up please and accept my sincerest gratitude." I see where stiles gets his sarcasm from.

"Accepted," Him and my father shake hands.

"Alright you three, you've got school in less than six hours." Mom says to me, Scott and Lydia. "Go home. Got to sleep."

Mom hugs Scott and then me.

***

I was walking down the halls off the school, it was busy, people were pushing past me. I caught a glimpse of Kira at the end of the hall.

"Kira!" I called, she turned to face me, giving me a smile and a wave.

But she was talking to someone. A man. I saw him for a second. Tall, dark hair, beard. Then he was gone.

Why did he seem so?

Familiar.