8

Mom dragged me to the hospital to 'comfort' Scott while stiles was getting his MRI scan.

"I don't know if I know to to pronounce this or if it's actually a misspelling," The doctors says to Sheriff. I glance over the sheet of paper, wincing when I see stiles real name.

I look up the sheriff who rolls his eyes, "just call him stiles."

The doctor goes into the room to stiles and Scott, my mom mentioned to me about what stiles might have. Frontotemporal dementia.

It's the only kind that can effect teenagers, parts of the brain shrink, it's what his mother had.

I searched it up on my computer at home, there's no cure. Nothing. So if he has it, there's no way of saving him. No medical way anyways.

I could find an alpha, the one I heard a few nights ago, or I could risk it and find Ducalian. Say I'd join his pack again, in exchange to save stiles.

I lift my head, Scott hugs stiles so tight I think he might break his bones.

***

I pushed my coin into the vending machine. Pressed the button and then nothing happened. "Cmon," I pressed the button again.

I glanced around, seeing nobody was there. I gripped the two sides of the machine and shook it slightly.

I under estimated my strength.

I jumped out the way and the machine came crashing to the floor. I glanced around before slowly walking away which turned into a run.

I let out a breath and laughed slightly. I turned the corner to see Scott sat with that man I saw yesterday with Kira.

"Hey, Parker, this is my friend. Derek." Scott nodded to the man sitting across from him. "This is my sister."

"Nice to meet you," Derek nodded, but then he tilted his head to the side and I had the feeling he knew my secret.

"You kinda look like superman."

Him and Scott laughed. "Iv been called a lot of things but that's a new one."

I looked over to Scott who looked like a he was thinking really hard about something. Suddenly his eyes jumped up and he was on his feet.

"He was trying to protect us," Scott said to Derek, as if I wasn't standing right there. "Stiles was protecting us."

"From who?" I look between them.

"From himself." They both run off, leaving me standing there.

........?

"What a bunch of weirdos."

***

I was leaning over the doctors shoulder. "See this," he pointed to the red areas of stiles brain on the screen."This tissue, both those spots are showing signs of atrophy."

"Atrophy..." Sheriff sighs.

"What does that mean?" I look to my mom.

"It means.." She takes a deep breath.

"He's got what his mom had?" I finish for her. She just nods, but I can see the tears welling in her eyes.

I walk over to Stilinski who's doing a terrible job of hiding the fact he's crying. I place my hand on his shoulder, I gasp at the feeling of pain coming off him.

He turns to me. And he just hugs me, and I hug him. Iv never smelled such grief before.

The lights start flickering and then suddenly everything goes out but only for a second.

"What was that?" Mom looks around.

"Probably a power surge?" The doctor says, turning on his computers again.

"Where's my son!!" Stilinski yells, we all look over seeing the MRI bed empty, "where's stiles!!!!"

****

I'm running threw the hallway of the hospital, I have to find Scott, I have to find stiles, I would try and track them but I'm still learning and everything just smells like death in this place.

The lights are flickering on and off and all the patients are peaking out their rooms, bothering doctors and nurses who are trying to fix the problem.

I squeeze past a nurse who almost runs me over with a tray of uranyl's, the smell makes my nose scrunch up and my throat close up.

"Excuse me," I say in a nasally voice.

I lift my head towards the elevator where I see him standing, but he doesn't look himself. He's paler and his posture is more firm, he stands with power rather than stiles's usual awkward slouch.

"Stiles!" I call out, I take a step forward but he shakes his head, raising a finger to his mouth.

"I know you can hear me," His voice ripples in my ear, how does he know that.. but his voice.., it's dark and deep, it doesn't even sound like him.

"Don't search for me,"

A patient bumps into me, he trips and falls to the ground. My eyes dart to try and find stiles but he's gone.

I help the man back to his feet and a nurse helps him back to his room.

How did stiles know..... is that even stiles?