perfection | fitz

Fitz is a Vacker.

  He is the golden boy of Foxfire, always comes in first when it comes to grades, flashes that perfect smile, good-looking and desired.

  He is quite utterly the very reflection of perfection.

  ----

  Vackers do not settle for anything less than the very best.

  Vackers do not get upset over little things, and they certainly do not cry.

  Vackers are kind and warm, intelligent and quick-witted.

  And Fitz has spent his entire life being what his parents deem perfect, so much so that it is the only thing people ever see in him- complete perfection.

 ----

  Stand up straight, keep a radiant smile on your face, walk gracefully.

  Not a single strand of hair out of place, not anything on your skin at all, not a single wrinkle on your clothes.

  Fitz has them all memorised- the unspoken rules of the Vacker family.

  It is the Vacker legacy that he must continue to uphold, their reputation that he cannot ruin, the expectations he must live up to.

 Fitz pretends not to be bothered by the entire thing.

  ----

  Vackers do not cry.

  They get angry instead.

  To cry or sob in a secluded and isolated place or entirely public area is absolutely unacceptable. 

  It is a sign of weakness, after all.

  And that is what Vackers are not.

  They are most certainly not weak.

  ----

  I will not cry.

  I will not cry.

  I will not cry.

 Alden was yelling at Fitz again.

  He didn't listen, but he knew it was something along the lines of "this is unacceptable!" and "you need to do better, Fitz".

  Fitz chokes back tears as he listens bitterly to his father yell and scream at him, and Fitz has never seen him so angry.

  Alden was a usually calm man- warm and kind to his family members.

  (At least when he had to be nice anyway, Fitz thinks, looking away from Alden so that he wouldn't see his teary eyes.)

 ----

  It's a facade Fitz puts up.

  A facade that he puts up so no one would see him snap, no one would see the last piece of him crack.

  Because it is far easier to pretend than to actually show your emotions, because Vackers do not get emotional.

  They said Fitz would follow in his father's footsteps, and so he did.

  ----

  When all his walls break, Fitz doesn't exactly have a healthy coping method.

  He just lashes out instead.

  Vackers were never meant to break or crack anyway.

  They are perfect, and anything below that is not allowed.

 ----

  no I will not stfu about fitz, I think he is underrated and very cool