an unsent letter | sokeefe

basically the product of me not paying attention in class

----

  Dear Keefe,

  Wherever you are, please come back. Everything is falling apart.

  Biana stays locked up in her room and won't leave. Dex pretty much shuts down everytime someone even mentions your name. Tam and Linh are worried. Yes, even Tam. He knows what you're going through. And, well, Fitz is... mad.

  The Neverseen is still out there, and so is your mom. Something... something could happen to you.

  Please. I just want you back. I just want you to come back and be by my side. I know it's selfish but just- please.

  I don't care anymore. I don't care about what you do, what you plan to do or what happens.

  The only thing I want is for you to be by my side.

  If the Neverseen burns this world, let's just watch them.

  I'm tired, Keefe. Of everything.

  What if we just sat down and watched the world burn?

  Please come back.

  I love you.

  -Sophie

  Sophie scribbled over the last three words. The letter didn't need them.

  What was she even doing, anyway? Writing a letter? It wasn't like she could send it. Not when Keefe was... not around.

  Had she gone crazy?

  And what was Sophie thinking when she wrote the letter? Watch the world burn? No. Sophie was... she was the moonlark.

  The moonlark. A Telepath. An Inflictor. An Enhancer. Someone who could teleport.

  Sophie was made, designed- literally- to save the world.

  That didn't change the fact that she was still tired of it though.

  ...Why Keefe?

  The world really was unfair, and falling apart.

  Sophie sighed.

  She stared at the letter, and then out the window.

  She supposed she could throw it out.

  (And perhaps let the wind carry it)

  Well. What else could Sophie do with the letter?

  She flung it out the window, the gentle breeze picking it up.

  There were no pink blossoms among the wind, and no beautiful background music. Real life wasn't as dramatic as the movies, anyway.

  The letter flew along with the breeze, with only Sophie's feelings attatched to it.

  ----

  well that was cringy