"you look good in my dress" | sophiana

inspired by a prompt on tumblr :)

----

  Biana leafed through the serveral sparkly and fancy dresses in her wardrobe, her fingers grazing over silk and lace.

  There wasn't really any special occasion for her to choose a nice-looking dress, but Biana, a Vacker, had to uphold the Vackers' reputation! And after all, you didn't need a reason to want to look pretty.

  Her hand stopped and held a certain dress. Compared to Biana's other gowns, this one wasn't really that special or extravagant.

  But the thing that did catch Biana's attention about it was the fact that this was the dress Della had let Sophie borrowed when she first came to the Lost Cities.

  "Is that my dress?"

  Those were Biana's first words to Sophie. She kind of wanted to take them back, since they sounded a little rude. Biana would rather have given Sophie a more warmer greeting.

  And Biana definitely did not think Sophie looked cute. She definitely did not think that Sophie looked really, really good in her dress, and Biana most definitely did not blush.

   ...Well, maybe she did do all those things.

  But it was normal, right? To think that your friend of the same gender looked nice in an outfit was normal right? Oh wait, Biana and Sophie weren't friends yet at that time.

  Still. It didn't mean Biana liked Sophie or anything. Well, she did, but not in that way!

  After all, Biana was a Vacker! She was Biana Amberly Vacker! She had a pride and reputation to uphold, so she, a girl, couldn't and didn't like other girls romantically!

  Right?

  And anyway, even if Biana did like her that way (no way, right?), Sophie liked Fitz or Keefe. She didn't like girls. Especially Biana.

  Biana blushed red. Why was thinking about this? Now she kind of wanted to see Sophie in her dress again.

  She swallowed her pride and gathered up her courage, grabbing her imparter, hailing Sophie.

  "Biana? Hi!" Sophie's tired but cheerful voice came out of the imparter.

  "U-um hi," Biana flushed even redder. "Can you, um, come over to Everglen for a while?"

  "Uh, sure," Sophie nodded. "I'll be there in a minute!"

  The call ended.

  Biana rushed over to the mirror and brushed her already perfect hair, hating herself for wanting to look good for So- herself, yes, that's right. Herself, not her best friend who is not her crush. Maybe.

  As Biana smoothed her dress and did whatever she could to look nice, there was a knock on the door.

  "Biana?" Sophie's voice. "Can I come in?"

  "Y-yeah, sure!" Biana yelled, opening the door. "Hi!"

  Sophie's eyes scanned the room. "So, why did you need me to come over?"

  "B-because..." Biana's eyes dropped to the ground. This was hard. "Can you put on a dress for me?"

  "A dress?" Sophie asked, confused. "Why?"

  "Just because!" Biana shouted, and hastily grabbed the dress out from her wardrobe. "Wear this one."

  "Oh," Realisation dawned on Sophie. "That's the dress I wore when we first met..."

  "Yeah. W-what's so funny? Don't look at me like that!" The Vanisher shoved the dress into Sophie's arms, blushing furiously.

  Sophie laughed and walked off to change. "Okay, okay, fine!"

  God. Biana really did it. She slumped down on her bed in embarassment.

  A few minutes later, Sophie entered the room again. "So, how do I look?"

  The Telepath's voice was filled with expectancy of Biana's answer, but all Biana did was stare. Shamefully, but really, how else could she stare?

  The colours of the dress complimented Sophie's gold-flecked eyes and blonde hair, and the dress still fit quite well on her.

  "Y-you look-" Biana gulped. "really good."

  Pink crept up Sophie's cheeks inexplicably, not because she was flustered (right?), but because she was shy (right??)

  "I- um, thank you," Sophie mumbled. "U-um, you too?"

  Biana giggled at Sophie's awkwardness. "Yeah, you look amazing in my dress."

  "You didn't have to add that part..."

  ...Maybe there was a reason why Sophie blushed after all. She still was anyway.

  Biana fixated her gaze on Sophie, and returned Sophie's flushed cheeks with a shy smile.

  ----

  ahahahahah i just randonly put stuff together