hate bouquet | keefe and dex

i was inspired by a post on tumblr (through a pinterest comment) so... here we go

this is in an au where keefe works at a flower shop btw

----

  Dex slammed the door behind him as he stomped into the whatever-its-name is flower shop Keefe worked.

  "Uh, Dex, chill," Keefe put down a flower pot.

  "How can I?" Dex growled. "Stina put a muskog in my locker. Again."

  "Ohh!" Keefe snickered. "Yeah, you do smell like one."

  Dex glared at Keefe.

  "Okay, okay, what do you want then, Dizznee?" Keefe smirked his stupid, dumb, trademark smirk. "Why are you at a flower shop to vent all your worries? Is it because of me?"

  Dex rolled his eyes. "Partially."

  "Only partially, huh?" Keefe pretended to stroke a beard. "Then what's the other reason? To give Stina a bouquet so you may resolve your worries?"

  "No," Dex hissed.

  It was Keefe's time to roll his eyes now. "Then what do you want Dexy?"

  Dex smirked and slapped his Treasury Cube on the counter. "I need flowers that passive-aggressively say fuck you."

  Keefe blinked. "What?"

  "Basically, a hate bouquet."

  "I don't think flowers are for hating."

  Dex sighed in frustration. "This is why I didn't want to come here in the first place. Keefe, don't some flowers mean, you know, hate?"

  "Yeah, I guess," Keefe turned around to grab some flowers. "I thought you said you weren't going to give her a bouquet?"

  "It's- it has a different meaning!"

  "Okay, okay."

  After a while, Keefe returned with some flowers, and laid them out on the counter.

  "Geraniums for stupidity, foxglove for insincerity, meadowsweet for uselessness, yellow carnations for 'you have disappointed me' and orange lillies for hatred!" Keefe said joyfully.

  Dex squinted at the flowers. "I don't think I've seen these flowers around the Lost Cities."

  "Well, let's say that I had some help from Daddio's Pathfinder," Keefe smirked. "Don't tell him."

  "Wow, you sure have some nerve," Dex laughed.

  "I sure do! Also, does Stina know flower language?"

  "I don't think so. Her brain is filled with too much stupidity."

  Keefe sighed. "You'll find out if she does tomorrow then. Good luck Dexy!"

  "Thanks!" Dex yelled, paying for the flowers and then leaving the flower shop.

  ----

  The next day, after Dex gave Stina the 'hate bouquet', another muskog was found in his locker.

  ----

this was just stupid but I enjoyed writing it anyway HAHHAHA

this is the post that inspired this: