watching you from afar | marellinh

basically?? gay angst??

  ----

  Marella is forever in the background.

  Once the bold, gossipy girl who crushed on too many boys and the first friend of the oh so wonderful Sophie Foster.

  But now, Marella is just some girl. Watching as Sophie and all her other friends laugh and giggle together (somewhat a sickening sound), grins so bright they could rival her flames.

  (While she watches and stares. It feels like there's a big crack between them.)

  Marella gazes and gazes, especially at Linh Song.

  Linh is the sweetest girl Marella has ever seen, and is also the most pretty.

  Flowing black hair with white tips, a smile brighter than Sophie and Dex's stupid grins and Linh is the embodiment of all the beauty and sunshine of the world that is her kind-hearted nature.

  Animals that Linh's hydrokinesis creates that are meant to bring a smile to someone's face, animals that Linh herself enjoys making so much.

  Linh had hands meant to both hold pretty flowers and fiercely defend other people.

  (Unlike Marella, who's hands only possess unpredictable destruction that destroys everything it touches.)

  "Oh," Marella realises one day, when she is training with Linh and Marella's heart starts pounding and she starts blushing whenever Linh smiles. "I am in love with Linh Song."

  It's a weird conclusion, she knows, because they are both so different.

  (How could someone like Marella love Linh, and how could someone with a heart like Linh's ever love Marella?)

  Linh walks over and says hi, and the first thing Marella thinks of is that Linh's pretty.

  "Oh," Marella thinks. "I am most definitely in love with Linh Song."

  Marella obssesses over boys in Foxfire a little too much sometimes and so she wonders if she's just making the whole 'I'm in love with Linh' thing up.

  (She is not.)

  "You're smiling," Biana pointed out.

  "Huh?" Marella scrunched up her face. "I'm not. Why would I be?"

  "You are."

  "Am not!"

  Biana sighed. "Did something happen with Linh?"

  Marella flushes red at the name. "N-no."

  "Oh!" Biana grinned. "You like her.

  "No, I don't," Marella lied.

  "Explain the blush then."

  "I'm tired from training?"

  Biana rolled her eyes. "No. You want to date Linh. And that's totally okay."

  "No!" Marella yelled a little to loudly. "I-I don't, okay? Linh's just amazing and pretty and nice and everything I'm not."

  "Uh huh," Biana smirked.

  ...Marella messed up big time.

  The words 'I love you' sound foreign on Marella's tongue.

  For a girl who crushes on someone new every week, she sure hasn't done much progress on dating.

  Especially with a girl.

  And Marella knows the words 'I love you' will never come out of Linh to Marella.

  Linh could never love Marella, after all.

  Marella is the girl who dropped from glory, with dangerous powers that could potentially destroy the entire Lost Cities.

  While Linh is the girl everyone loves, with her cute water animals to the large waves of water she defends everyone with.

  And just as water wins over fire, Linh is better than Marella in every way.

  (Marella stands far away, watching Linh from afar.)

  ----

  wow i wrote another thing