Prologue

| The Kiss |

A Yule Ball for all Hogwarts students, everyone was excited when the day finally came. Except Harry. He did not have the courage to ask Cedric out. And even if he did, Cedric would reject him and go with Cho instead.

Harry stood at the doors. Everyone was dancing with their friends, partners or dense lovers.

Ron and Hermione were dancing together or maybe, flirting and blushing, so, he was alone. Cedric was dancing with Cho Chang. It breaks his heart to see them all lovely dovely.

Harry looked around, then he noticed a Hufflepuff standing by the food table. She was alone, staring at two Ravenclaws.

He walked towards her slowly. "Hello, care to dance?"

The Hufflepuff smirked. "Wow, how to someone to dance with.. I'm not really interested in-"

"I understand. " She walked up to Harry, grab his hand and dragged him towards the dance area.

"Be aware of my horrible dancing. " Harry chuckled. "More like beware of mine. I never dance. "

"Ah, not even once?" Harry shakes his head.

"I thought Hermione Granger would teach you how to dance. " The Hufflepuff laughed.

"I don't think Hermione can dance. I think she's only into studies. "

"You'll never know, Harry. I'll tell you why I thought she taught you how to dance. Be ready. "

"Real or fake?"

"Real. "

She told Harry a story. A real one.

"I was walking around in the halls. Talking to random Portaits of the Hogwarts' founders and stuff. Then, I heard music from the Gryffindor's picture. "

"So I talked to the fat lady. "

.

.

.

"Miss fat lady? Can I enter?"

The fat lady stared at the Hufflepuff.

"Your a Hufflepuff, only Gryffindors can enter!"

"Uh.. Caput Draconis. "

The fat lady was shocked. How did she know the password?

"One of the Gryffindors gave it to me. They wanted me to visit at this time.."

"Don't be too late next time. " The fat lady opened the doors.

The truth is. One of the Gryffindors was friends with one of the Hufflepuffs. He told Penny Haywood the password, which she had lend it to her as a Gift. The 'Gift' won't be revealed in the meantime, it's not important.

Anyways, the Hufflepuff entered the Gryffindor Common Rooms.

There, was, Hermione Granger dancing to music. Every step was perfect, it matches every note.

The Hufflepuff was surprised.

.

.

"Did that happen a week ago?" Harry asked. The Hufflepuff nods. "Yeah, how did you know?"

"Hermione told us to keep an eye out for suspicious Hufflepuffs. "

The Hufflepuff laughs. "Uhm, "

"Oh, yes Harry?"

"By any chance. Did you lose a cat named 'Puffy' or 'Huffle'?"

"..."

"MY CATS!"

A few moments later after Harry gave the cats back to their owner who's very worried.

"I forgot to ask, " They moved to the side as another couple went to their spot.

"What's your name?"

The Hufflepuff smiles.

"Conny Kingson, I'm the same year as you. Any more questions?"

"No. "

They continued their dance, just this time - there was no talking. They slowly separate, not focusing. They were staring at loved ones, their minds were focused on others.

Harry was staring at Cedric while Dominique was staring at the two Ravenclaws she was looking at a few minutes ago.

The two got snapped out of their thoughts as a voice yells.

"Harry! Incoming!" Ron's head flew in the middle of them. Harry stepped out of the way as Ron's head spin around like a helicopter.

"Sorry about that, Harry. " Hermione got dragged by Ron.

"Cute. " Harry turned his head to her. "Hermione and Ronald looks like a cute couple. "

"I agree. Sometimes, I feel like I'm a third wheeler because I'm always with them. " Harry smiles, his eyes were on Cedric.

"Planning on confessing soon?" She suddenly asked. It shocked Harry. "Confess? To who?"

She looks over to Cedric, who was spinning around softly with Cho. "Him. You like him, don't you?"

Harry frowns. Of course, he likes Cedric. But he's probably not gay, he accepted Cho's invitation.

It was like she could read his mind. "You never know, Potter. "

Suddenly, the Hufflepuff felt stares. She looks in front and saw everyone staring at her but.. Harry was staring behind her. So, she turned around.

Cho... Was kissing Cedric.

Harry's face already had tears.

"Cedric and Cho are going to be the cutest couple ever!!" Someone yelled. Soon, claps were all around the Yule Ball.

Cedric didn't seem happy. Harry was having a total meltdown, he cried silently. Harry ran out the hall, only a few notice this.

Hermione and Ron ran after him. Conny just stared.

Conny just stared blankly at the direction where Harry went.

The two Ravenclaws that were staring at her we're worried as she was unresponsive. "Conny? Are you alright?" The boy ravenclaw said. She gasps. "I'm.. fine. Yeah."

She runs out runs out of the hall and starts her search for Harry.