Chapter 8

| Sieunee's family |

After a embarrassing moment, Harry hides in a cabinet. When Sieunee finds him, he asks her some questions about her family and friends.

Harry's footsteps echo through the hall. Everyone was whispering as he passed by. “He probably cried for attention!”

Everyone always calls him an attention seeker. He's used to it by now, of course it doesn't affect him. “Harry, are you alright?” He hears a familiar voice behind him. He turns around to face Cedric, who was staring at him worriedly. Was Cedric worried for him?

Beside him was a smirking Sieunee. “Harry! You said your grades were dropping right?”

Huh? What? His grades weren't dropping at all!

“Pffff, his grades are dropping?”

Harry gets slightly annoyed at the mean comments from the Slytherins and Ravenclaws around him. He sighs loudly. “Sieunee, what are you talking about? My grades never dropped, and can you please speak softer?”

Sieunee hangs her arm around Cedric's shoulder. “I've got you a study buddy! You can study with Cedric!” Her arm was hardly holding on to his shoulder but she continues to speak with pride. “Aren't I such a good friend, hm?”

Harry cracks a smile. “Thank you.”

She shines a huge smile and hops away. He hears a soft chipping sound and faces Cedric. “I suppose I do need help with studying.”

Cedric chuckles and drags him to the library.

.

.

As Cedric explains some equations. “Do you understand or do you need me to repeat?”

“You can repeat it..” Harry stares at him sheepishly. Cedric smiles and starts repeating the question. “Understand it now?”

Harry, however, does not reply. Staring at Cedric's beautiful face.

“You're supposed to study and admire him! Not just stare at him like a creep!”

He snaps out of it as soon as he hears a mouse sqeaking oudly next to his ear. “Waaaaahhhh!!! There's a rat!!!!” A girl nearby screams. Sieunee the Rat runs away as the librarian scolds the girl.

“Harry? Are you alright?” Cedric touches his face.

Harry blushes. He hurriedly stood up and ran away. “Harry?” Cedric tries to go after him but he is long gone. While Harry was running, he accidentally bumps into Conny, at the same time a cat also bumps into Conny. The cat transforms and turns into Sieunee.

“Harry, what's wrong? Your face is so red.. are you feeling sick?” Conny observes his face which has turned very red. Sieunee transforms back into a cat and runs away.

.

.

Harry hid in the cabinet. Conny was outside, worried. “Are you alright? Please come out. Hermione and Ron are worried about you. So am I..” The three of them just sat outside, waiting for Harry to come out.

Sieunee watches them from afar, she looks around for people and when she's sure that there's no one, she turns into a bird.

Harry looks at dueling books on the shelf. He could hear Hermione's voice outside the cabinet. Suddenly, a bird flew in from a small hole in the wood. “Sieunee, is that you?” He mumbled. The bird nodded and transforms into a little Sieunee. She looks like a 5 year old now.

Harry smiles and looks down. “Uh, so.. you've been here for more than 200 years right?” She nods. “How did you survive throughout history? How about your old friends?”

Sieunee stays quiet for a while, recounting her old memories.

.

“Sieunee, look! They're selling Dangos!” Her sister tapped her shoulder and pointed towards a stall. She smiles brightly and holds her mother's hand. “Mom, can me and Sieunee get one? Pretty please?”

“Of course, honey. Only if you and Sieunee pass your exams with flying colours.” Her mom joked. “Mom! Exams are in a few months, we have no patience!!”

Sieunee and her mom laugh.

.

“I don't know.. my family are all dead by now.. and my friends..”

.

“Sieunee~”

The blonde-haired girl reaches a hand towards her homework. “Yuna, you can't just keep copying her homework forever!”

“But I'm not as smart as You and Sieunee.. and why don't you say Hydrin!! She copied Sieunee's answers too!!”

“You two should study..” Yuri sighs and smiles at Sieunee. “Hopefully, we can graduate and go to the same university!”
.

.

“I still remember them clearly. Yuri, Hydrin.. and Yona.” She sighs. “Voldemort came around 50 years ago, I think.. I fought him face to face about 17 times.”

Harry's eyes sparkles. “Really? Did you win?”

Sieunee smiles. “Yea! I won 11 times. I do find it boring after some time though.”

.

Voldemort smirks, another student is trying to challenge him. Let's see who it is. “What's your name, girl?”

“It's Sieunee.”

Huh? “You again? It's been 47 years! We fought 16 times already! Why is it always you? You know what, you win.”

.

.

“The last time I fought him properly was 5 years ago. The 45th year I saw him. When he appeared on the 47th year of his existence, he gave up on me.”

Harry cracks a loud laugh. Sieunee hands him a paper. “This was a letter from my sister and my friends 175 years ago. I don't want it anymore.” She transforms back into a bird and flies back into the hole.

.

Dear Sieunee,

I don't know where have you been. I'm 29 now, you've would have been 25 years old today. Ever since you've gone missing, my life isn't the same. Mom passed away shortly after you went missing, it was because of stress. Dad's getting sicker and sicker. If only if I found you before that woman did. I have a husband now, his name is Davers, we both have a missing sister. We also have two kids, they're both girls. Their names are Sieunee and Marcus, named after you and his sister. I miss you.”

Hanju,
Your beloved sister.

.

It says on the letter that this was delivered using a owl. Apparently, Hanju found a owl and gave it the letter even though she didn't know that Sieunee was alive.

The next one was from Yuri.

.

Hey Sieunee,

There's this owl outside my house, it has a sign that says write a letter to your lost loved one so yeah.

I thought we could graduate together y'know. You were supposed to be a nurse, right? That's what you wanted to be. Hydrin started studying ever since you went missing, she's depressed and that was her only way of coping. She graduated and became a engineer, I became a lawyer. You might be curious, why I didn't mention Yuna..

Ever since you went missing, she's been depressed. She locked herself in her room for days, refusing to eat anything. When me and Hydrin visited her, we found her dead body. She killed herself. So I just hope, wherever you are.. I hope she's beside you, happy.

Yuri,
Your best friend.

.

Harry gulped. That's why Sieunee didn't want the letter anymore. She couldn't bear the guilt of Yuna's death.