𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶: 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝

⊱ ─── {.⋅ 3rd Person's POV⋅.} ─── ⊰

After their little mall escapade, it was the day that Lee (Y/n) actually dreaded. He wanted to take the day off, but couldn't as to he already used his once month off.

Today was the death anniversary of his parents.

And so, the latter settled to being a lonesome soul in the morning. Staring at the skies while his mug of coffee became cold as time flows by.

This didn't go unnoticed by the leader of Twice. It was only 5 am when Jihyo got up to find a faint silhouette sitting on their front porch.

The figure was hunched back, head looking up the skies unmoving. Later, she figured out that it was Nayeon's bodyguard. She observed him more before going outside, slipping on her coat to keep her warm.

"(Y/n)?" She called out to the man, only to be ignored as he continued to gaze upon the vast darkness pf the skies.

"Hey (Y/n)" this time, she lightly bumped his side with her elbow, finally garnering the attention of the young man.

"Jihyo?" The agent looked at her questioningly. "What are you doing out here? It's still early."

"Are you okay?"
Her question caught him off guard

After months and months of his stay, someone finally asked how he was doing. Specially on this very occasion. It made Lee (Y/n) sadly smile.

"I'm not, but I will be." He reluctantly replied, "Now, why are you out here at this hour?"

"I just went down to drink some water then I saw you." Jihyo said, "You looked like you needed someone to talk to."

The agent was taken aback at the leader's response. He wasn't used to people caring, caring for him. He didn't know how to approach this.

"I... I'm sorry, today's really personal for me. I haven't talked to anyone about this before besides one of my friends.
I c-can't—"

"Hey" Jihyo softly approached, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "It's alright. Take a deep breath."

(Y/n) nodded before following her instructions. His rapid heartbeat finally calming down. This was a touchy subject, specially today.

"It's my parents' death anniversary today." He replied, feeling the need to get it out of his chest.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry (Y/n)" Her arms pulled him into a loose side hug. "How are you holding up?"

"I'll be fine. Listen... could we keep this between us?" The agent timidly asked, "I don't usually tell people. I'm still adjusting to that fact."

"Of course." The leader gave him a small smile "Why don't you take the day off?"

He looked like he needed it, he looked like he has somewhere place to be. Never has she seen the young agent so fragile, so vulnerable.

"I couldn't even if I wanted to." The agent defeatedly sighed, "Already used it for this month."

Jihyo was stuck in a thought for a while, before an idea popping through her head. "Just go, I'm sure Nayeonie wouldn't go anywhere today. She looked tired."