You look upset

'Thit, trust me, we need more sulphur.

Trust me...

That damned 'trust me' caused an explosion. A fucking explosion. He was involved with the bust of a floating potion lab that exploded and set the laboratory on fire. And who could have caused the explosion if not his laboratory partner? Damn Bright.

In case it wasn't clear enough, Bright was wrong. They didn't need more sulphur.

Snorting and grumbling, he strode towards the canteen. Food and Pink Milk would help him get through that bad day.

When he arrived, he looked around for a vacant seat at the table reserved for the fourth years. And there he saw a particular savant sophomore. He was leafing through a book while sipping his cold coffee.

Only an idiot would sit in the middle of the fourth-year table with so much nonchalance.

He tossed his briefcase onto the table and pulled out a chair opposite the sophomore. "Have you decided to die soon, Kongpob?"

The latter looked up, a trace of rare amiability still in his eyes as he raised his eyebrows inquiringly at him. Kongpob's good humor was so irritating to his nervous system. Especially after his awful morning.

"I thought we could have lunch together." Frowning, the sophomore nibbled his thumb. "What the hell happened to your hair? Why does it look like you survived an explosion?"

Because he survived an explosion!

"Don't abuse my patience, 0062. Today is not the day."

If he was looking for a fight, he would find something to sink his teeth into. He was waiting for nothing more than to unload his anger on someone.

Kongpob raised his hands in a sign of submission and calmly said. "You look upset."

"You don't tell me!"

He grabbed the glass his junior held out to him and took a deep gulp of cold, sugary goodness, feeling it chill his stomach and causing a little brain freeze.

"Better?" He nodded to him, narrowing his eyes at the refreshing and sweet taste. Kongpob smiled and resumed reading where he had left off.

"So, how did it go today?"

"A nightmare. No one knew what the hell Khun Paga wanted." He pursed his lips. Maybe, he shouldn't tell that to a sophomore, but Kongpob seemed rather quiet and distracted.

"You're adorable when you wait for me with a Pink Milk, you know that?"

Upon hearing these words, the second-year boy immediately lifted his head to stare at him with a bewildered look on his face.

Arthit's face visibly turned red and his eyes grew wide. What the hell...? He wanted to ask him what he was reading, not... that.

Or rather, he'd thought that. It wasn't the first time he'd thought that, but he surely didn't plan on saying it. Not now, not ever.

"N-no, I didn't mean that, I mean, I meant that... I love your smile, your eyes and when you wait for me after class and..." He slapped a hand over his mouth so that he wouldn't said anything else.

He closed his eyes, his face by now was on fire.

Kongpob was biting his lip as he tried not to laugh, apparently the truth serum was working. It was a very complex potion, but it was worth the time. There was a part of himself Arthit always held back, even when he was flirting the most outrageously. He usually didn't let his emotions show, didn't like to give anything away.

Kongpob just wanted to hear the truth from his lips. Just that once.

"Really? But you always told me that I shouldn't waste my time and money on you."

"That's not true, it would annoy me incredibly if you did, like when you call me Ai-Oon..."

"Ai-Oon? But you hate it."

"I hate when others say it, not you." He tilted his head, licking his lips. He could see it was going bad fast. But he really couldn't understand what the hell was happening to him. "I like your lips."

...

"Oh c'mmon!" He grunted, exasperated.

Kongpob didn't cast any spell.

Much less he could have put a hex. Hexes weren't Kongpob strong point and none of those present would ever dare to play such a prank on him.

He narrowed his eyes, looking at the book the boy was trying to hide under his uniform.

"You didn't dare..." He lunged forward, tearing the volume from his hands and read the chapter title. "Truth serum - Used for..."

With an impulse of blind anger he turned to his junior. The latter's eyes were sparkling and he was biting his lip to stop from laughing.

"I'M GONNA GET YOU FOR THIS! I SWEAR 0062, I'LL KILL YOU!"

"Ooh... But what do you really mean?" He continued speaking in a mocking tone.

Arthit glared at him, wanting to leap across the table and slap him in the mouth. Before he could make his move, Kongpob, pulled a half-full bottle of liquid from his bag. He gave him a dazzling smile and drank it in one sip.

The younger leaned over the table, his face inches away from his, jumpstarting his heart.

He's going to kiss me.

Arthit's lips parted in anticipation. Eyes fluttered closed as his lips touched his, setting off a tornado of sensations inside of him.

"I love you too."

Kongpob grinned, placing the now empty small bottle on the table.

What the hell was in there? Well, it's obvious, isn't it? Truth serum.

NOTE

I love Magic!Arthit. Sooner or later I'll write an AU in the Merlin universe. Any Merlin fans here? 🥺 🧙 Or maybe a Harry Potter AU? Too many choices 😱

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying so far 🥰

Stay safe 💜