Soulmarks AU pt. 3

The place Kongpob had chosen was very nice, nothing too chic or modern. And Arthit thanked him for it. He wasn't ready for a romantic candle-lit dinner. Well, it wasn't his style.

"So, you been here before?" Inquired Arthit while looking around curiously.

That restaurant combined a cosy atmosphere and friendly service with splendid views from the outdoor terrace. He liked it... a lot.

"Mmh, sometimes..." The tallest replied apparently focusing on his menu.

Arthit picked up his own menu and brushed his dark hair over one ear. He looked at the other sideways, smiled, and looked back at the menu. If he didn't know better, Kongpob'd think he was flirting back.

"So... what's good here?"

"Their famous for their sweets."

"Really?" The older man asked, his big doe eyes twinkled.

Kongpob smiled, glancing at him sideways from behind the menu. His beautiful dark eyes, his straight nose, his small mouth and his thin lips made for a pleasant overall look at first sight which endowed him with the beauty of a good-looking man. His soft hair was straight, and he wore it long around his ears. He looked good dressed up, though still quite casual in jeans and loafers and a button-down shirt. Kongpob could tell he made the effort. Something about the hysterical raven-haired man made him want to smile, but also gave him a little pain over the fact that he'd gone to so much effort over what he would wear that night.

They were soulmates, he should feel comfortable enough to show himself for just the man he was. Amazing.

"Then I must taste them to see..." Arthit lost his words once he lifted his face, noticing how the younger man was looking intensively at him. He felt his cheeks catch on fire, snapped his attention back to the menu.

"Uhm, I think I'll start with this-"

"You are beautiful, I..."

"Don't say it! It's embarrassing!" Arthit exclaimed, trying to hide his face behind the menu.

Kongpob couldn'thelp but smile tenderly at his soulmate. He had been patient for long and exhausting months. He gave him space and time, trying not to rush things like the first time. He didn't want to scare him, so he resisted. He bit his tongue to not kiss him. He clenched his fists to not touch him. But now he needed an answer; he could no longer carry on like that, experiencing that emptiness, that unpleasant feeling of having something you want close, but not being able to grasp it. His heart pounded painfully in his chest whenever he saw Arthit and knew he couldn't reach him. He needed an answer, even a rejection would be better than that overwhelming feeling.

And yet... Arthit's crimson cheeks and thinly smile filled him with hope. "It's true I'm sure you must hear that all the time."

"That's not it! It's just... it's strange to hear those words coming from you..." Arthit pouted his lips making Kongpob's gaze diverted towards it and his gaze got fixed on it, he nodded getting lost in his senior. The latter beamed buy soon saw the tanned man's gaze and his cheeks turn red half in embarrassment and half in anger to see his act. "Kongpob!"

-

They had just finished dinner. Kongpob had insisted upon paying, but the other man refused. "I'm not a girl." He said angrily, pulling out his wallet.

"That's not the point." Kongpob wanted to argue, but he let it go.

They had had a pleasant evening, full of laughter, he did not want to spoil it by arguing. He would've had the opportunity to explain to Arthit how wrong and ridiculous that thought was... from different points of view.