𝟱: 𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗬𝗼𝘂.

─── ∘❉∘ ───

━━━

-ˋˏ [𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗲] ˎˊ

𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗬𝗼𝘂.

"WHAT DID YOU NEED TO CHAT ABOUT?" I inquired to the woman, setting my behind down on the seat in the face of her.

"I'm so glad to see you," she said, and scoured through her purse as if she were trying to find something. "It's urgent."

I showed a bit concerned as to not learning why I was called here by Mitsuri. The text sounded important, but why would she call for to talk in person?

"Is everything okay?"

She caught the item in her bag, bearing it and pausing when I asked the question. I couldn't look at what she had in her palm, but I got weird inside.

"Well..." she kept her breath. "I wanted to give this."

She gripped the piece in the purse and pulled it out, revealing a box of confections enclosed in a red ribbon. The gesture took me aback, as I didn't suppose her to bring me chocolates.

"Thank you, but..." I clasped the package, doubtful. "What's this for?"

A pink flushed her face. "Your birthday, silly!"

My heart was weeping from wonder after hearing that from Mitsuri. She remembered. One of the few people, in fact. I spoke to no one about my birthday. I couldn't believe it, as even I almost forgot what today was.

"Thank you so much."

She smiled in reply. "Anything for you, [Name]!"

Taking the present and opening the box to reveal the dark chocolate, I couldn't help but feel nervous. She called me here, just for a package of chocolates? Not that I was, ungrateful, but it felt different.

"Is there something you need?" The question I had tried covering blurted right out of my mouth.

"Well," she glanced at my eyes with a heartache. "Let's drink?"

"What?!" The sudden scheme captured me off guard. Is this even legal? I don't even know what the required legal age is for drinking. "Why?"

She giggled as she picked out a light vial of liquor from her bag. "No reason. I just wish you to liven up a little!"

I felt afraid as she snapped the bottle open and the yellow liquid flowed into the mug in front of her, feeling as if I were voluntarily inhaling poison. She shifted the mug towards me and I peeked down, pondering as the material was still. I wanted to avoid drinking it as now, as the color mentioned to me of just a piss I just took earlier.

"Do I have to do this?" I stared up at her, disturbed. "I don't even drink."

Mitsuri spilled herself a glass as freely, deciding to comfort my thoughts. "I'll drink as well!"

The liquid in the cup was bright and mysterious. I closed my eyes and downed the whole thing in one main gulp, wanting this to be over.

I was found with a rising fire, as I desired to spew out the liquid, but I instantaneously ingested to struggle to get the taste out of my mouth. It felt unpleasant, almost hot, as it ran through like I just gulped mouthwash, and now an imminent calamity was going to douse over me. I met a satisfaction when the dissatisfaction washed over me, remembering me of the pleasure of fitting in.

And so, I drank again.

I savored the liquid like I wished to be normal now, as doing this would accept me as a human being, quickly pouring another drink for me to bring my sorrows.

Isn't this what people do? They just drink their troubles as if they solved everything. At the current moment, it served out mine.

And again.

Why am I talking like a stranger? I'm a human being too, Jesus Christ. But it feels such a novel experience when the liquid drenched over me, suffocating my throat. Mitsuri told nothing to it, as I reached now that she didn't even have a sip in her cup, but just beamed at me in amazement.

And again.

"Wooow," she gaped. "You had a rough day, huh?"

Is this what people do on a depressing day? If so, this would just be a regular criterion for me. Every time I picked up a sip, my picture was growing dull as I progressed through disassociation.

And again.

"It feels sour." I furrowed my face, hitting the glass on the table after meeting with the liquid.

"Aren't you supposed to be meeting Giyuu in a bit?" she pointed out, and I had myself get serious from that question.

"Yes." I immediately went through my pocket to see if I still had my phone to find out the time before clutching it from the counter. "What time?"

"It's 4:45, on the dot." She acknowledged, setting away the glass of alcohol on the table. "Why are you even meeting him?"

I shrugged. I remember he sent me a text message one day, asking to meet. "He just wants to catch up."

I hiccuped. The side effects of drinking disturbed me, wanting to dim my point of view, as I considered my skull was too heavy to lift.

I notice Giyuu wanted to get closer, but I didn't understand what he meant by that. We met over in town, he's very cute. I didn't even think he had a job. I'm pretty sure he's unemployed, as I've never seen him around the school or outside.

I grabbed the box of chocolates, cutting my thoughts. "I have to go."

She showed up from me in melancholy as I sought to run out the door. "Are you going to be okay?"

I turned my head to stare at her worried gaze before running out. "Yeah of course!"

Liar.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━