𝟯𝟮: 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗞𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗛𝗼𝘄, 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗞𝘆𝗼𝗷𝘂𝗿𝗼 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗢𝘂𝘁

───── ∘❉∘ ─────

─────

-ˋˏ 𝗞𝘆𝗼𝗷𝘂𝗿𝗼 𝗥𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗼𝗸𝘂 ˎˊ

𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢, 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝟮:
𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗞𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗛𝗼𝘄,
𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗞𝘆𝗼𝗷𝘂𝗿𝗼 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗢𝘂𝘁

A SONG THAT MY MOTHER'S VOICE SINGS in the back of my mind echoes through my thoughts. Her voice is the constant ringing in my ears, like an alarm clock that never stops. I tried to keep her out of this, as I knew the doctor who had checked on Shinobu in the hospital was due to arrive here. The dark silence that I call my own was awaiting for the right moment. I had spent so much space analyzing and overhearing conversations and applying to be an entertainer, as it is a perfect cover story. I've worked too hard now to fuck everything up and to rip this page out of this pretty little book of mine. This, this was my entertainment. The interval, the silence, and the face on Ruka knowing what's going to happen. Doctor Ren talking to the doctors in the parking lot, and we're lingering in the back seat.

"You look ridiculous," Ruka says as I can see her views linger on my outfit that showed more than my bare chest. "I can't believe you're doing this, Kyojuro."

I rolled my eyes. "I had to lie to her, Mother. Why do you consider I'm not sleeping with her right now?"

Ruka looked up at the window as if I should already know the answer before looking at me. "Perhaps it's because you tried to hurt her, Kyojuro."

"Then you're fucking crazy," I tell her. "You think your voice could reach into wherever I am?"

"Honey, I'm concerned about your language. No cursing," she replies, again shaking her head. "I taught you better."

"That's not the point," I say. "If they could hear you, they'd be cussing too from how stupid you are for trying to control me."

Ruka turns away from me with a smile. "Your actions are your own," she declares. "Be quiet, Kyojuro. Maybe then you could have a full capability in not hurting the one you love, yes? You should talk to the doctor about future therapy."

I twisted to see where she was watching at as to find the face of Doctor Ren. Of course, he loved his women, just the way he'd be staring at Shinobu as he's been very persistent in her condition. He would, as her wealth contributes to all the privileges she gets. I was wrong. There's a bigger reason why he was helping her. But I knew the reason that he was always putting in so much effort in the hospital wasn't for love or gratitude, but for anger and resentment. He hated the fact that he had to carry out so hard for a woman who only cared for him for what he could provide instead of whom he was inside. My mother understood this too, as it showed on her face when Doctor Ren slid into the car, body filling the driver's seat as he fumbled to unlock the door with a set of keys.