First Date

A snippet of the first date :)

Sheer-Luck Holmes
"Where are we going?" You asked, breaking the silence as you both walked in the night. Cars passed by and paid no mind to both of you.

"You'll see." Sherlock answered as he turned right, and you followed him.

"I can deduce but that would be very rude of me." You brought up. He replied, "Use your brilliant mind and deduce then, Y/N. Forget about manners, yes? Manners contain us in many ways."

You took a deep breath and started. "You have a case, obviously. We wouldn't be walking this long. We won't be going to a restaurant or any of that matter, obviously. Consuming food slows you down, I know from experience." You paused and checked if he was listening. He was.

"This is still a date however as you did not bring Dr. Watson. He could be busy but I doubt it. He is one of the few people who would drop whatever it is they are doing for you."

"You brought me with you for a case to test my brilliance and intelligence, no doubt. You want to see if I am a good match for you." Then you smiled. "Or you just want another person other than Dr. Watson with you for a case. A fresh mind, perhaps."

Sherlock let out a small smile at your last deduction. "You are nearly correct in all accounts." You raised an eyebrow. "John is taking care of Mrs. Hudson tonight. She has a fever." You mentally beat yourself up for it. Well, better luck next time.

"We will get along just fine, Y/N." Sherlock said as he wrapped an arm around you. You let yourself be at peace and leaned on him as you walked together to wherever he's bringing you.

To Scotland Yard to get more information about the particular case.

And you were correct.

John Wats-on-your-face
"So, what's it like? Being the only girl in the Holmes children?" John asked you once he sat down. He had finished paying for your meals and now, waiting for it to be brought over.

You smirked for a moment at his question but nonetheless replied, "Admittedly, John, I always wondered how I survived."

At your deadpan reply, you thought John would have taken it seriously but it seemed living with Sherlock, he noticed it was in fact, a joke and somewhat directed to said brother because he laughed. You smiled widely at his reaction.

"Oh gosh! A decade probably, living with him. I'm so sorry." He replied once he calmed down. "Merely 16 years. I moved out once I reached the age of 18." Said You.

John did a double take. "Wait, so you are the middle child?" You chuckled at the look on his face, "Somewhat." You reminisced. "Mycroft is older than me by 4 years and Sherlock is younger by 3 years."

"Sherlock's personality just made sense." John realized and you winced. "Yes, I'm afraid so." You added, "Mummy always spoiled him until this very day and age, I'm afraid. However, my Father balanced things by toughening him up. I do hope it survived until adulthood."

Stuck in the nostalgia, you suddenly remembered a hobby Sherlock took in. "Does he still do his experiments?" You asked with a fond smile. John showed mixed emotions. Slight annoyance, the good kind and fondness. "Oh god yes!" He let out a breathless laugh.

"Body parts, Y/N. I think he's experimented on nearly every single body part!" You raised a brow in interest and mentioned, "He did the same when he was but a child. He experimented on animals. Rats, ants, whatever else he can find. Our Uncle Rudy was willing to give him human body parts instead to experiment on to please his curious mind. All the parts had been prepared but," You let out a triumphant smirk, Mummy put her foot down and that was one thing she never spoiled him on."