Your First Gift to Him

S.H.
Holding the gift in hand, you waited for Sherlock to arrive here at 221B Baker Street. The box was wrapped in red with a pink ribbon on top. John had kindly let you inside their flat before he went off to do an errand. All you had to do was wait for Sherlock.

The door swiftly opened. Gift in hand, you stood up and greeted Sherlock with a small smile. As he removed his coat you said, "Still got any cases left?" He glanced at you before he removed his blue scarf, "No, John and I have to look for more." You hummed in reply and waited for him to finish.

As he walked towards you, he eyed the gift in your hand. "And that is?" You raised an eyebrow at him. "A gift." You answered. "I know but what's inside?" He asked again. "Open it to find out." You said, handing the gift to him. He took it from your hands delicately and opened the box.

You watched his reaction as he pulled the purple scarf you made for him in his hands. "Purple." He murmured, eyeing it.

You nodded. "The stability of blue and the fierce energy of red in one. Balanced. Mystery."

"You knitted it." He stated. "I did." You smiled. "Thank you." He finally said. You simply pecked his cheek and went off in the kitchen to make tea, leaving him to admire the scarf.

Sherlock wore the scarf the next day, and the next and on it goes. When people would comment on the purple scarf, he'd simply smile at them. And it remained a mystery.

-

J.W.
"What's all this?"

You looked up at John. He was standing by the open door with a confused look on his face. "My gifts." You said as you stood up. You went over to him and helped him remove his coat.

He sat down on his chair with the bag of gifts in hand. You sat on the other side, amused at his confused stare. "Gifts?" He asked. You made a noise of confirmation, watching him pull out the pistol with an incredulous look on his face.

"A pistol?" He asked in disbelief. You merely shrugged. "Giving you additional protection has no harm in it. You and Sherlock won't need to share your revolver."

He pulled out the next gift. "A Macbook Air!" He exclaimed, now holding it gently. You smiled at his reaction. "Your Macbook Pro's storage is near the limit. That Macbook Air is well protected. No one can hack into it. It also has a larger storage, certainly so you need not to worry for some years." You informed him.

"You didn't have to get me these, Y/N." He told you despite the smile on his face. "You are my boyfriend. It is only normal to lavish you with gifts." You replied.

"That is my job." He countered before leaning closer to you, stealing a kiss. "Thank you very much, darling."

-

G.L.
"Greg, put these on." You said. You handed a box of boots to Greg, who immediately opened it. He brought out the pair, eyeing them in his hands. Impatient, you said, "Hurry up!" You meant well with those words. Greg noticed the excitement in your eyes. He couldn't help but roll his eyes fondly but nonetheless, put it on.

"The shoes are a perfect fit, Y/N. It's comfortable!" He told you in awe. You smiled. "Try running in them.

From the sitting room, he ran to your bedroom. In a flash, he was back with a wide grin on his face. "It doesn't hurt at all unlike the one I have! My shoes might give me blisters!" He joked and sat down.

"Do you like it?" You gestured to the pair he was wearing. "I thought it would have been obvious."

"Then it's yours."

Silence. Greg continued to smile at you as if you were joking. When he saw your serious gaze, that was when the words hit him. "Wait, what? What do you mean it's mine?"

You smirked at him. "I thought it would have been obvious." You repeated his words. Greg looked flabbergasted at you. Dramatically, he placed a hand on his chest and leaned back, saying, "You dare use my own spells against me, Potter?"

"Yes." You drawled out. "I'm the Half-Blood Prince." You finished the line. You and Greg looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

"But really though," You say between breaths. "The boots or shoes are really yours. Those won't cause you trouble at all during work unlike that-" You pointed at his old shoes laying on the corner, "-old thing. You're right when you said it might cause you blisters. Better to be safe than sorry." You shrugged at him.

He smiled genuinely at you. "Thank you." He laid his hand on your own, "Thank you, Y/N. You didn't have to and you never needed to get me anything." He looked at you before he added, "Although this will really make work more bearable." He grinned at you.

"Have and need are two different things. And so is want." You begin, "I wanted to give it to you and now it's yours." You say, staring fondly at him.

-

M.H.
Mycroft entered his sitting room. He took a glance at the huge teddy bear on the sofa then to you, who was giddy in excitement. Cautiously he said, "Y/N, my dear," He looked back at the teddy bear gazing into him. "What is a teddy bear, a huge one at that, doing in my sitting room?" He asked.

"It's for you, silly!" You exclaimed. He still looked lost. "It's a gift from me to you." You added.

"But a teddy bear?" He asked, analyzing the huge brown teddy bear with such fluffy skin and cute clothing. You frowned. "Why? Don't you like it?"

Alarmed, he replied, "I do! Anything you give me is appreciated and certainly I like, but this particular teddy bear." Realization hit you. "Oh! You were expecting a smaller one." He nodded at you.

You scratched the back of your neck, explaining, "Well I wanted you to have some company while I'm not here so Ted the Teddy Bear is here to comfort and keep you company. In case you feel down and stressed or if you need a hug and I'm not there so-" Mycroft enveloped you in a warm embrace, making you stop.

You hugged him back and you stayed in that embrace for a while before he stepped back. "I shall treasure him, my dear." He said, smiling. You smiled back at him. His eyes flickered to a teasing glint as he asked, "Ted the Teddy Bear?"

Defensively you raised your hands. "I couldn't think of anything else!" His chuckles filled the room continuously after that.

-

J.M.
"Here." A smile tugged on your lips as you handed a box to Jim. He took it gently, afraid to break what was inside.

He took a peek and his eyes lit up like Christmas lights. "You didn't." He murmured in disbelief, opening it fully. It was revealed to be a wrist watch. It was not just any wrist watch, but the latest Bremont watch he had been wanting but could not find the time.

"I did." You grinned fondly at him. Putting the box down, he gently grabbed the watch out and admired it. The way it shone as it was met with light. The ticking sounds it produced, especially the seconds. The build, the way it reflected his face with a smile.

Finally, he met your gaze. "Help me put it on?" He gestured to the watch in hand. "Of course." You said, grabbing it from him.

You delicately wrapped the watch around his left wrist, securing it before you locked it. "There." You say, taking a step back to admire it on him.

"Thank you, Y/N." He finally says after a period of silence. "Just keep it safe for me, hm? Unlike the last one." You told him, leaning on the table. "That I can do." His smile shining on his face.

"That's all I need."