First Hug

Consulting Detective Holmes
Wise men say,
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love
With you

The words flowed throughout the flat of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson in 221B Baker Street. Your hands rested on Sherlock's shoulders and his firmly on your waist, you and he swayed to the music. The song playing Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley, one of your favorites.

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love
With you

John Watson was out on a date. One that Sherlock did not protest to or comment on. He himself was busy with his own date. Eyes closed, you leaned your head on Sherlock's chest where his heart would be. His heartbeat is steady and regularly occurring, setting into a rhythm. His heart continued to beat as you felt it on your skin and heard it through your ears.

Involuntarily Sherlock continued moving his feet to the rhythm of the music. Treasuring the warmth coming from you. He pulled you in closer. He began humming the song, slowly lulling you to sleep.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

You hummed the sweet melody with him. Letting your arms lose, you wrapped it firmly on his neck. You inched closer to him. You smiled at his smell. Mint.

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Sherlock placed his hands on your back. You moved your head and rested it on his shoulder as he did with yours. Eyes closed. You both stood still, embracing each other. Basked in each other's warmth and touch while the music continued unbothered. Lost in the moment. Mind far away.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

Sherlock stopped humming as he pulled away, brushing a lock of hair away from your face. He stared at your eyes for a moment as you met his. He leaned in, an inch separating your lips from his before he chastely kissed you. You leaned in, still wrapped in each other's arms. Time stopped. The world, forgotten. Simply in each other's arms, feeling the other's lips.

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Dr. Watson
With your bag hung on your shoulder, you knocked on the door of Sherlock and John's flat.

It was midnight. Despite the time, sound still comes from the streets. Loud enough to hear from your position.

It had been a long day. Piles of folders were placed on your desk every 30 minutes. Mental exhaustion arrived quickly to you. Despite it, you were able to finish your work in time for the day to finish. Expectantly, more piles will be waiting for you tomorrow but right now, you are in need of John.

"Come in!" John's muffled voice came from behind the door. Swiftly you opened the door. Your eyes settled on John's sitting figure with his laptop out in the open. He must have been blogging about another case Sherlock and he solved. Your mouth turned to half a smile before you frowned, not seeing Sherlock around.

"Where is Sherlock?" You cautiously asked as you closed the door. John's gaze settled to you and a smile formed on his lips. "Well, hello to you too, Y/N." He greeted you. Realizing your mistake, you winced and said, "Right. Good evening, John."

"Also, Sherlock's out. Probably getting more body parts." He answered your question. He closed his laptop and set it aside before standing up and headed towards the kitchen. "Would you like some tea?" He asked as you followed him there. "That would be appreciated, please." You looked at him fondly as he turned on the kettle and set out cups.