He Meets Your Ex

A.N.
  This update is for the1tom8fangirl. They became my motivation to post this update. Thank you so much!

!!! WARNING !!!
This part includes verbal abuse and curses, mainly in the part of Jim Moriarty. Please skip if sensitive to those.

Sherlock Holmes
"Where do you reckon we should go next?" Walking side by side with Sherlock, you asked. At the corner of your eye, you saw him tilt his head, deep in his thoughts.

"Hmmm. Everything I need is in my mind." He hummed. "And beside me, obviously." He added, glancing at you.

"Then we return to Baker Street. John will have a fit, seeing you did not leave a note." You smirked.

As your eyes roamed your surroundings, it landed on a familiar face. His direction heading to yours. He did not notice you, as he was caught on with the man beside him.

He laughed at something he said. You tightened your grip on the hand of Sherlock as your mind involuntary flashed the numerous memories you had with him. You felt your stomach tighten, your heart bursting to be free.

Out of the corner of your eye, something shined on their fingers. You squinted your eyes as you got a closer look.

Rings.

Your face went blank. They walked past you, smiling as they did. Your presence came unnoticed by them.

As they walked farther and farther, you halted to a stop, forcing Sherlock to halt. He went to open his mouth without thinking but then stopped, seeing your blank face.

"What is the matter, my dearest?" Words laced with affection and softness not like Sherlock.

"My ex." Was the only thing you said.

Sherlock turned his head to get a look at him, but you placed your free hand on his cheek to pull his attention back to you.

"He didn't see me." You say. "He was occupied with his husband." The words his husband flowed out of your mouth so naturally.

Sherlock simply raised an eyebrow but otherwise did not comment.

"He is happy and carefree now. That is all I ask for him." You said. "When we were together, he was unhappy and I was naive. He gave his all and well," You bitterly smiled. "I had my shortcomings. Shortcomings, that drove him away, away from me as we fought, argued and insulted each other."

Sherlock wiped a tear on your cheeks, a solemn look on his face. You had started crying mid-tale. You didn't realize.

"It's not a happy tale." You managed to say. He smiled at you, "Well it's too late now."

You wiped your falling tears with your hands. "I have my shortcomings, Sherlock. I have my mistakes, and I have my differences. It drove him away from me and I lived with the fact I made him unhappy. I don't want to do the same to you."

"Considering he's gay, you really weren't a good match from the start." He blurted out. You sighed.

"Still, I have driven people away from me. I don't want to do the same to you. I don't want you to hurt because of me. I don't want to make you unhappy." More tears fell and this time you didn't wipe them.

Sherlock embraced you in a hug. You warmed in his arms as you wrapped yours around him, afraid to let go.

"I am happy with you, Y/N. On the contrary," He genuinely smiled, "You make me happy. Ever since I proclaimed my love for you, I accepted every piece, all your accomplishments, your mistakes and your shortcomings. It would be impossible for you to drive me away when I am quite smitten with you."