Your Best Friend

Sherlock Holmes
Due to your bad social skills, even worse than Sherlock's dare we say, you did not have many friends. Much less a best friend, but you found it in no other than Mycroft Holmes, your boyfriend's older brother. With his great social skills, especially in enduring goldfishes, and again, your bad social skills, you balance each other out. On top of that, you both hate mingling. The people, the crowd. Not to your tastes. Additionally, it was another, rare, chance for Mycroft to annoy Sherlock instead of the other way around.

John Watson
Molly Hooper was someone you learned to rely and trust on. You understood why Sherlock came to her in times of need, but you know Molly was more than that. As one of the few people who handled and took care of Sherlock, she understood and got along with your Holmesness. Molly reminds you of the simplicity of things, and the fairytale of it. Once a week, you can be found at Molly's place with painting supplies.

Greg Lestrade
John Watson was your key to figuring out whether Greg was occupied, hurt or unhealthy. He is also the one to talk some sense into Greg when he's being a fool and the person you can trust. You appreciated John's advice and opinions. You more or less, go to him for second opinions when it comes to cases or simply a break and some fun with your best friend. You knew John was taken but honestly, all the pining and waiting is annoying. If Sherlock won't make a move, you might as well push John to him. Literally, and figuratively.

Mycroft Holmes
Because of your job and career, it didn't really allow best friends, not unless you worked in the same department. Unbelievably so, you became best friends with Eurus Holmes, Mycroft's sister. It was better than Sherlock, and you were one of the few people Eurus likes. Only because you had potential, and you were incredibly smart. And Mycroft needed someone. Now, it was much better to annoy and terrify Mycroft with you around.

Jim Moriarty
When Jim won't answer any of your attempts in communication, Irene Adler would go to you and update you on Jim. He warned you against trusting Irene but she's an incredible friend and the best friend you never expected to have. She keeps you company on the nights Jim couldn't be there. She delivers your messages to Jim and she makes sure you're safe and sound. You could say she became your bodyguard, but you consider her your best friend.