chapter 6

Third pov

Claira followed sans up to her new room in silence, everyone was being so kind to her, which she is very grateful for, but she couldn't help but wonder. What if she was still human? Would they still show her the same kindness or would have they turned her away? When the two of them reached to ' her' new room, they stood by the door for a moment starring at one another. Sans seemed nervous about something, was he scared of her or something?

" Sans....are you ok?"

" yeah....why do you ask?"

" Well...you seem a little nervous, Is something wrong?"

Sans stayed silent for a moment, watching Clairas features before he gave a lazy grin and shrug. Shoving his hands in his pockets as he rocked back on his feet. " Nothing kid, just a bit stressed out by the situation, we got a lot of people who have been transferred over here already so..."

" I understand, I hope I'm not making you nervous" sans shook his head opening up the door, leading her inside the room. It was a modern looking room, white paint on the walls, wooden floors. A decent size bed in the middle of the far side of the room, a black and white bed sheet and comforter laid on her bed. Turning around she noticed a closet near by, along side with a bathroom. It was a really nice room, claira made a bit of mental notes to decorate it with a few fairy lights and posters, maybe get a new bed set? Yeah! She was going to be just fine.

" It's really nice! I like it a lot! Um...is it ok if I added a few things to decorate it?"

" sure, I got no problem with it, just make sure we get your identity and job situation figured out ok?"

" Right...."

Awkward silence passed by as the two starred at one another, soon after sans excuses himself back down to the living room. Informing claira to rest up for tomorrow, papyrus and his companions plan to take her out shopping for new clothes, hopefully some that will fit her. Also gives them a chance to show her how this world works. They did explain they were gonna help her get use to her monster body, since she use to be human before that only means training for her for a while,most likely going to be until she's able to control them on her own.

" Magic...that word is so familiar to me...where have I heard it before? Was it something I use to dream about? Something I was obsessed over"

Claira pondered this for the majority of her time just laying on her new bed. His mind went from various of things that might seem familiar, the skeletons for one, their names sans and papyrus....she felt as if she's heard it before, like her mind doesn't remember but her soul does....it was a strange feeling for claira. After long thoughts of jolting anything in her mind. A memory of some sort. Anything help her remember....

A soft knock thudded against the door, not long after a soft voice spoke through. " hey kiddo, may I come in for a moment?" A voice smooth as honey spoke through, claira fixed herself up a little bit before replying back to the voice. It was stretch, he looked a little different though, he still wore his large hoodie, but instead of his normally basketball shorts and sneakers he wore grey sweatpants, his hands were shoved in the pockets lazily, back slouching a bit as he peered down at her. Claira pushed her fingers together as her gaze floated down to the floor, she felt so nervous and shy around this person. What is causing this? Anxiety? Does she have social anxiety?

Stretch rubbed the back of his head, his eyelights peering away from Claira as well, he was never really good with talking to others, especially females, he always had a bad luck of flunking out on making a good impression. With a deep breath he held out his hand and smiled. " I uh...wanted to welcome you to the house...I didn't wanna say so much downstairs cuz I didn't wanna make you feel bomb barded"

" No no it's ok! I understand...um...but hello, I'm claira.."

" stretch..."

" Why stretch? If you don't mind me asking?"

" lets just say theres a good reason behind my name.."

" Oh....ooooha! I get it" a soft giggle escaped her teeth, rubbing her hands together while she looked down at the floor. Not really knowing what to say to this person, he seems just as nervous as sans did when he was here. " um...I would like to know one thing"

" What's up?"

" how come you dont have any Memories?"

" I....I'm not sure...I don't know honestly...I...I really don't understand why..."

The two looked at each other's feet for a moment or two, another minute of awkward silence passed by before stretch finally took his leave, before he disappeared her mentioned that dinner is ready downstairs and that papyrus and blue wishes for her to go back down and eat. Claira sat down on the bed that sat in the middle of the room, starring at the half body mirror that sat in from of her not to far over by the wall. Looking down at her hands, questioning herself a bit before she got situated enough to leave her room and go back downstairs to meet up for dinner.

When claira walked in it felt as the room fell silent. All eyes were trained on to her as she stood in the middle of the kitchen doorway, fiddling with the sleeves of her sweater. After blowing some green hair that fell in to her face, she sat down between blue and papyrus, who graciously handed her a plate of steaming spaghetti. Claira looked at her plate for a moment before picking up her fork and twirling a bit of the pasta around, bringing it to her mouth. Hesitating a moment before sticking the bite in to her mouth. Flavor melted over her tongue making her give a soft hum, after the bite she began to ravage in to her plate, getting spaghetti sauce all over her cheeks.

Boss eyed her suspiciously, unsure on why no body has commented on this woman's poor table manners. " My Dear Girl, Is It So Hard To Have Some Manners?"

Claira stopped herself, blushing a little bit of green before she wiped her face off with a napkin.

" s...sorry...I...I felt like I haven't eaten anything in days..."

" ...really?..."

" That could be a sidaffect of being stuck in the void for a bit. After a meal or two you should be fine." G explained taking bites out of his own food. Claira sighed a bit before she continues to eat, not really paying attention to the banter that went around the table, papyrus seem to be explaining how the pet store he worked at got a new litter of kittens, he seemed so excited about it as well.

Edge was speaking to red about his day at work before he came back home. Everything went to sudden humming when claira looked down at her plate of spaghetti, lost in thought as she tries so desperately to remember. ' why do these people seem so familiar? And why can't I put my finger on it?'

It's like...all of this is familiar...but it's all so new to her. What is this feeling, confusion? No. Want? No that's not it either. What was it?

Does she feel....empty?