chapter 9

Third pov

Claira smiled gently as stars sparkled in everyone's eyes that morning, they were all internally thankful she was able to cook, Especially the lazy skeletons of the home. Majority of the time they had to deal with burnt food and glittery tacos, claira shuttered at the thought. ' that's sounds pretty rough, I'm glad I woke up first then,' she spoke to her mind as she gazed at the boys. No offense to them, she's sure one day if they keep trying they'll get even better!

Claira gently poked at her food, a bored expression planted on her face as her mind danced around with different thoughts, she didn't understand most of it, but a lot of them made her smile a bit....but she was entirely sure. A thought of four humans huddled together in a hug, their faces were all blurred out so she couldn't really see who they were.

" claira?"

But that thought made her smile widen the more she thought about it. There were three females and one male, the looked to be all standing out in front of a beautiful looking lake, and they looked so happy...was she one of the humans standing there?

" CLAIRA DEAR-"

" H...hm? I..I'm sorry! I didn't mean to get lost in thought..."

"I SEE THAT DEAR, IS THERE SOMETHING ON YOUR MIND?"  He asked me while tilting his head to the side.

" yeah... actually.."  I responded placing my chin on to the palm of my hand, looking down at my breakfast as I looked back at that thought that came in to my head, was that...a memory? Did I just have a memory?

" I GET IT NOW!!" I shouted slamming my hands on to the table, accidentally scaring everyone around me, I quickly sat myself down, mumbling apologies as I fiddled around with my hands, sans shook his own with that familiar looking grin. " s'ok kiddo, just surprised us is all, what's up though?"

"A...a memory came back to me, or a half memory to be exact..." 

This seemed to catch their attention, both blue and papyrus leaning forward, waiting for me to explain the details of my memory. " It looked so familiar, four humans were all smiling..well at least I think they were"

" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN LITTLE ONE?" boss asked setting his hands in to his lap, a curious expression painted on him and his brothers, interested in the rest of my thought. " They're all standing in front of a lake, hugging one another....I couldn't tell their faces because it's all just a white blur covering their face up.....I think...I think I might have been one of those humans..."

" more than likely were...how'd the memory make you feel dove?"

" It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside...like I was actually there myself, I was...happy..."

" hm....sounds like a good memory..."

" I wish I could remember more, I'm sorry I don't have much else to explain." I spoke softly while picking at the side of my boney hand, papyrus stood up with his plate in one of his hands, the free hand he had gently made it's way on top of my head. He ruffled my green hair before collecting everyone's plates, I offered to help him clean up, but he and blue ushers me out back in to the living room declaring " YOU MADE US BREAKFAST! NOW WE REPAY YOU BACK BY DOING THE DISHES!"

Guess that's how it's done, who ever makes food for others, it was someone else who cleans up after. A way of showing thank you to whoever made the meal. I sighed a little, placing myself down on the couch next to mutt who was leaned back on the couch, a light purple dog treat hung from his mouth, while thick, dark purple smoke floated from the end of it, like a cigarette but if that cig was a dog treat.  ' how curious this person, how is he able to do that?' I starred at him intently, he starred back with a lazy expression, guess he caught me starring, but that didn't stop me really, I was too curious about how he was able to smoke a freaking dog treat.

We starred at one another for a while, I tilted my head here and there, still trying to figure out this brain twisting puzzle. Shortly after he spoke in a rasped voice: enjoying your self darlin?"  I blinked for a moment, processing what he said to me before my skull heated up with a light green blush. " I'm sorry, I'm just a little curious on how you're doing that.." he took a puff of the bone shaped treat, blowing out more smoke before he looked back at me. " doing what darlin?"

" Smoking a dog treat, how are you doing that?"

" magic"

" No really, how-"

" magic"

I furrowed my bone brows at him, confused by this one word response, I must know how he does it, is it a skeleton thing? Would I be able to do it? Is it harmful to me? If he's smoking smoke in to his system then it must be. Another few minutes went by, shortly after I plucked the dog treat from him, now starring down at it with that same curiosity blooming in my chest. He didn't seem to bothered by me taking the treat, by that look on his face he was more then likely gonna ask if I wanted to try a hit.

' should I? I don't know maybe it's not a good idea...human die from smoke...'

....... you're not a human though......

Thinking nothing more I placed the treat to my teeth, taking a deep breath in. That. Was the biggest mistake of my life, the moment smoke entered through my teeth, my insides felt like they were lit on fire. While in the middle of my coughing and wheezing, mutt had taken the treat from my hands, laughing mercilessly as he patted my back, trying in some way to get me breathing again.

" oh darlin that was priceless!"

" * Cough* I'm * cough* never trying that * cough cough* ever again!"

" youll be fine, just wait a few minutes and youll be able to breath again." He said taking yet another drag off of that horrid thing, after another few minutes of coughing and almost dying from lack of air, I crossed my arms over my chest with a soft pout.

' yep....never trying that again..'