Apples

"Where is my money?" The crude man demanded. Shaking my head, I opened my hands to reveal nothing.

"You do realize" My father said "I found you on the side of a road. Dying from hunger and cold. I opened my heart and took you in. To love you. Care for you. All I ask is that you steal money and other supplies from the rich side of town. Why are you such a stupid bitch?"
I shrugged my shoulders and this seemed to push him over the edge. " I'm tired of this bullshit. Get in the house and get to cleaning. Know your place and obey what I say."

I headed into our shack, being a small stable piece of wood with a bed, a few books, fire stove, and a few crates for storage.

I shivered as the coldness of winter hit my delicate skin. I found some vegetables and hoped Father would accept a pie as a dinner dish.

I dug through the crate and managed to find flour, a few slightly cracked eggs, peas, carrots, some kind of meat, and some apples and sugars I decided I could make a meat pie with sweetened apples for father.

I wiped off the cigarette and glass bottles filled counter and pushed it into another crate being used as a trash can.

I took a pail of water and a rag and cleaned off the counter and stove. The stove had a small oven maybe the size of a modern popcorn box at he movies. Not like I wild know. I've never been.

I decided to make two pies- a smaller one for myself. I cleaned out the kitchen a bit and got out the circular wood slab we used as a cutting board. I took one of father's knives and started peeling the vegetables.

I washed the carrots under the light stream a 5 minute walk over.

I found some flowers and thought they would make a cute centerpiece. I grabbed the flowers and suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder.

I jerked around to see an extremely tall creature. As of he were a human with very odd proportions. He was a giant.

Short flowing ginger hair and a devilish grin he was staring directly at me. I was paralyzed with fear. I dropped the food and ran twords the house crying.

I hoped I wasn't being followed. After making the crust for the pie a bit after calming down I heard a knock at the door. 'Is Father back so soon? '. I thought you myself. I opened the door to see my carrots, all fresh and in tact, the daisies I had picked earlier by the river and some spices in small glass jars. Puzzled, I looked around to see the man from before sitting a few feet away from the back of my house. I pulled the curtail away and saw him looking pleased with himself. "You left something back by the stream" His deep and mesmerizing voice boomed.

He was on a sitting position, his clothes body seemed to be eyeing me. "I have brought them back for you" he continued "I apologize for scaring you I meant no harm. I'm Travis by the way. My home is near that stream. If you ever want to visit feel free. Just don't drop your dinner next time. " He smiled and walked away. This is very confusing indeed!

I brushed it off and continued dinner. The pie crust was ready so I mixed the meat, vegetables, and some water to form a paste. I slid the mixture into the crust and covered it. Sliding it into the oven, I decided maybe I shouldn't go to wash the apples. I don't think I have the strength to gave him again.

I thinley sliced them and powdered them with sugar. I looked through the spices and found cinnamon, pepper, and tumeric.

Cinnamon would be perfect for an apple dessert. I took some leftover crust and made two small pies (about the size of a cookie) and files it with gooey apple filling. I took a taste and thought 'This is delicious. I know Father will agree.'

I placed them in the oven. The meal should be ready in five minutes.

I took two glasses and filled them with water. Cleaning off the table with my sleeve, I put the placemats, plates, forks, and water glasses on the table.

I found a beer bottle and cleaned it out.

Not like it was hard to find a beer bottle of anything.

I put about two inches of water in it and places the daisies in it. I'm very proud of myself.

After making the bed and organizing the books and other miscellaneous items, in the house I heard the door open.

I put on my oven mitts and took dinner out of the oven. Feeling proud of myself, I smiled and presented the dinner to Father.

I know he will like it. He walked in and his expression was like one I've never seen before...