Cloth

Stars POV:

I don't remember anything. I remember Father locking me out and slashing my eyes and heading to the lake to clean myself up. I remember screaming and crying and then it all went black.

I woke up to see myself in a strange place. I saw I was in a bowl. A huge one at that.

Must have been the size of a swimming pool.

I immediately jerked awake when I heard something break. I covered my ears and whimpered. I saw that man from earlier.

Travis I think? I saw that everything had enormous proportions.

I saw him cursing and picking up a glass bottle. He had a knife in one of his hands and I froze.

He looked up at me.

His intense stare was burning me. I had a realization.

I am in a bowl. He has a knife on his hand. He is cooking. Cooking...Me?

"You're awake earlier than expected" He laughed. " So what are you-"

" I-i-Im s-so s-sorry sir. P-p-please d-dont h-hurt me! " I cried burying my face in my lap. I know I wanted to escape but not like this... Anything like this.

Wait... I've been mute my whole life. How did those words come out?

Travis POV:

I was preparing breakfast when I heard a sound above me.

'Fuck' I cursed under my breath. I went to pick up the remains of a glass bottle when I saw little eyes looking up at me.

The girl from earlier was awake.

She looked horrified. Before I could say anything much she started begging for her life.

She continued crying and mumbling to herself. I was confused and took a moment to think. She's in a bowl with a cannabalistic giant staring up at her with a knife. I felt a ping of guilt on my chest.

"I found you by the lake" I said gently. She picked her eyes up and wiped her face with her dress sleeves. She got dirt in her face and coughed.

"You were severely bleeding... Your eye was pulled out and you were barley alive. This is my lake and we giants have very sensitive ears. I woke up to see you on the brink of death, crying and bleeding. I brought you here and decided to make some breakfast. I'm sorry if I scared you I meant no harm. "

Stars POV:

He seemed to be stuttering when he talked. He seemed nervous. I started piecing things together. This was the man from earlier who returned my carrots. Him? The freakishly tall and strong giant who eats people and destroys towns?

This is definitely a trap. Before I knew it, my legs moved on their own. Ingoring the pain, I leaped out and statues running. A hand the size of a wall blocked my path.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A loud and soft voice said from above. "I had to patch you up and fix you; I'd hate for the stitches to come undone."

I paused. Stitches? I had bandages all over my body. Travis sighed and pulled up a mirror. I had an eye patch and more bandages than I could count. I stayed shivering and crying. I remember everything.

"How can I talk?" I asked, shaking like a leaf in the wind.

"I used my magic on you. I can so healing spells, but that took a lot out of me. Is it ok if we eat and you can talk to me?"

I looked up and got a spring of pain in my neck. Instead of nodding as planned, I have a thumbs up.

A soft chuckle was heard. It was kind of cute. I feel relaxed. I feel free.