Leaves

"How was your bath?" Travis asked. "It was nice," I smiled I enjoyed it.

"I hope the mermaids didn't disturb you?"

"Wait m-mermaids?"

"Can I pick you up?" He asked nervously, a small redness appearing on his cheeks.

I nodded slowly, feeling his hands around me. Soft, yet firm.

He placed me on a bed. It was beautiful. Velvet sheets with a wool blanket, a pillow that felt as light as the clouds and as soft as a dream. A lavender colored gift box lay on top of the made bed, begging me to open it.

"I hope you don't mind that I set up your room over here." Travis laughed nervously. "I got you a little something. I hope you like it."

I turned around and laughed. I tore open the paper to find a white box.

"You got me a box? Really, Travis?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Open the box you silly girl."

Travis POV:

There's something about the way she playfully teased me, the way she said my name. A cocoon of love threatened to bloom in my heart.

"It's beautiful!" The girl squealed, admiring the gift. A hair clip with a ladybug. She slowly placed it in her hair.

"Do you have a mirror?" She asked excitedly.

I delicately held my hand out, asking for her to climb on.

Closing my eyes, I felt small feet on me, and let a smile slip out.

"Can you pull me upwards?" I obliged and held her up to my face. A small kiss was planted in my bottom lip. I looked down and smiled.