CHAPTER 5•|• PETE ENTERED VEGAS HOUSE

I stood for a long time to weigh the situation, terribly worried about the state of Porsche. I wonder how he was right now? But in the end, I chose to do my own duty. At least, I was assured by Arm that they would be fine. I drove and parked my car near the house of the minor clan at the same time that Boss Macau and a few other bodyguards were driving out of the house.They should be going to his tutoring classes as usual and would come back home at 6 o'clock in the afternoon.

I stayed watching from the car for an hour until I was sure that Kan and his bodyguards already left. There were only a few
people left in the house. I tucked my gun beside my waist before getting out of the car and began traversing the fence of the back of the house. I called Arm to signal him to deal with the CCTV
system. He made sure to plug a Bluetooth earphone in his ear so I could call for help in time if there was any danger.

[Pete, I'm not sure when his people will come and check the camera's. I'll hack in for about 15 minutes and let the camera work again for a while, and then I'll hack in again. That's the most time I can give you.] Arm said before hanging up.

At first, the two of us agreed to call each other the whole time just to be sure, but now that I know they were busy, so I decided that I would only call when it's important.

I cautiously climbed up the high wall before lowering myself to the other side. I looked for coverand walked into the house as smoothly as possible. The house was silent, and the only sound came from the maids talking in the kitchen.

I went to Boss Kan's office wherein I've already made an escape route from yesterday. The whole room was completely dark. I turned on the small flashlight I was carrying with me before I began browsing through the folders and opening the drawer one by one. There was one surveillance camera in the office so every fifteen minutes, I had to find a cover and hide myself before Arm sent a new signal and I continued searching.

I found around ten strange documents and all of them had Boss Kan's signature and weren't directly involved with the company or the major clan at all. I hurriedly picked up my phone and recorded them all. Sweat began to flow by the frame of my face from the pressure as I periodically avoided the surveillance camera.

The air in the room was not ventilated. I felt hot and
uncomfortable all at the same time. It took me an hour of
searching but I only found the ten documents. I tried searching again until I thought that there might be nothing else inside the
room.

So instead, I changed my target and went up to go to the office of the second floor which belonged to Boss Vegas. As far as I know, Boss Vegas helped Boss Kan with the business. There should be some evidence in his room, at least.

I waited for Arm to hack the system again before slowly and cautiously walking out of Boss Kan's room. I used the pillars and large vases to cover myself as some employees walked by. My
heart pounded every time I heard the footsteps of people walking nearby. But eventually, I managed to sneak up to Boss Vegas' second floor office.

The whole room was completely dark as usual because of the black curtains that blocked the light from coming in. The room
was designed with dark tones so light could hardly penetrate in here. I felt more comfortable because there were no CCTV cameras inside. It was an office connected to a bedroom like Kinn's in the major clan's home. But this one looked relatively smaller and looked clean and tidy as I stepped in. The faint scent of Boss Vegas kicked in my senses. I used to smell it a lot when I followed him or when he was near me. It was a smell that was mysterious but unique. I took a deep breath and I felt a weird flash, but that's crazy! Because of that, I felt a little lightheaded for a second.

I immediately hurried and started searching. I needed to do it quickly so I could finish up fast. I searched for documents on the
desk and in the drawers while taking photos and periodically sending them to Boss Kinn. Why did I hurry to do so? Because I thought that if I got caught, the data wouldn't be deleted and will
immediately be sent to Boss Kinn.