ᴄʜ. 𝟷

✦

MC began to regain consciousness. Instead of the empty darkness when he awoke, there was an unfamiliar room that MC has never seen before. He sat up in the bed and continued to look around.

It was a simple bedroom. The walls were an off-white. There was a small book shelf in the corner covered by blue curtains. Right next to it was a desk littered with pens and papers. A drawer sat next to the bed room door with mini figurines decorating the top.

Posters hung around the room. All with the same person. A pink haired boy with red eyes. A very familiar person to MC indeed.

MC got up from the bed. As soon as he stood up, MC felt as though something was not right. Like something changed about himself.

MC looked up. "Was the roof always that far...up?" He said to himself.

Then he looked down. "Was the floor always this close...?"

MC grew confused and troubled. Did I shrink somehow? Maybe it was because I was shot...but didn't I die?

MC carefully walked to the bedroom door. He turned the silver knob and peeked his head out into the hall. From what he could see, it looked like a normal hallway belonging to a family home.

MC walked out of the room.

Framed pictures hanged off the wall of the hallway. Looking closely they seemed like family portraits. One of them in particular had a little boy and girl about the age of 6 or 7. They looked similar, so MC assumed they were related. One had light brown hair while the other had black hair. They each had a pair of rose colored eyes. The young girl looked a little taller than the boy.

"She looks a little familiar..."

Further down the hall, there was an open door. MC walked to it and looked inside. It was only a simple bathroom. As he stepped in, he saw movement front the corner of his eye. Looking over he saw a boy with black hair and pink hues starring straight at him. The boy copied his actions exactly.

"Wait a minute... is this...me!"

His arms looked small and feminine and he didn't look that tall either. He quickly lifted up his shirt only to see a smooth and milky white, flat belly. It was like there wasn't an ounce of muscle in this whole body.

"All of my hard work...wasted in a matter of minutes...." MC cried. All those grueling hours at the gym didn't seem to matter now.

Not all hope is gone! He thought.

MC gently grabbed the hem of the sweatpants and peeped inside.

"Oh thank god... but for such a small guy, he is really packing down there."

After seeing himself in the mirror for the first time, he had no idea who this body originally belonged to. He thought this was the same boy in the photos, just older.

MC remembered the novels he read where the protagonist dies and is reincarnated into the story they read or a show they watched. He assumed that's what happened to him, but he doesn't recognize his character at all.

"Was I transmigrated into a novel I never even read before..?" That was honestly not fair. Everyone else was already aware of their world and the outcome of most characters as well as the end to the story. This thought frustrated our protagonist.

As MC was thoughtlessly thinking about his current situation, a warm and comforting scent filled the air, breaking his concentration. He left the bathroom and followed the scent down the stairs until he got to the kitchen.

"Finally your awake! Help your sister set the table for breakfast." MC looked at the source of the voice to see a middle aged woman.

She had light brown hair and dark eyes. Her thin eye brows were furrowed together. Small beads of sweat ran across her pale skin.

There was also a girl that looked similar to her, but younger. She too had brown hair, but her eyes were a pink color like his. She was placing the plates and silverware on the dining table with only four chairs.

Where have I seen her before?

Wait a minute.

Shoulder length brown hair, pale skin, cute features, not really developed in certain places...These are the common characteristics of a female lead in an otome game. If this is really her then...

I died and was transmigrated into "LIFE: Love is us".  Damn...who am I suppose to be then?
Let's just make sure that she's really the character the player plays as.

"Hey...um s..sister? Can you close your eyes for a quick second?"

"Oh...um okay?" She even has that sweet and innocent voice. The girl closed her rose eyes.

"I guess it really is her," he mumbled to himself.

"Why are you just standing there when Kana is doing all the work?" The middle aged woman stated.

Her actual name is Kana? I assumed she didn't have one in particular.

MC grabbed cups and placed them next to the plates. Before sitting down next to Kana.

"Kiyomi have you decided if you wanted to go to the same school with your sister or the one we talked about yesterday?" The lady asked MC who is now called Kiyomi.

Has the game not started yet? I don't know what other school she's talking about, but if I go to the female leads school, that means I will be able to meet all the the love interests! Of course I'm going with her.

"I'll go with Kana."

"Are you sure, Kiyomi?" This time the rose eyed girl spoke.

"Yes, I am completely sure."

Although his face was completely stoic, he was screaming from happiness in his mind. Oh, he couldn't wait to finally be able to actually experience the love interests in person! They were the main reason he even started playing the game.

So something good actually came out of trying to save those two girls and dying in the process.

✦