Chapter 2 (Part II): Tense Storm

Disclaimer(s): None of the image(s) used in this chapter belongs to me. The Pixiv or Twitter source(s) will be linked underneath each image if available or unless it is from an official source.

Title Source: https://twitter.com/minjihw/status/1512876585166155776?s=20&t=Cs38P5rVKHsWl-yjca57uw

Word Count: 9.9k Words

=======================================

Japan - Rin and Sakura's Home City

Never in Y/N's life had he been this angry and annoyed. The H/C-haired male wasn't angry at Sakura or anyone else for that matter but, rather, he was frustrated with himself for losing control like that. 

In the rain and from under the thin veil of the storm, his E/C eyes shone with hostility and irritation - a far cry from the warm look he gave Rin this morning.

"Human, why are we out in the rain?"

Y/N closed his eyes, letting out a loud sigh that was barely audible amidst the tapping of the rain. "(Just shut up...)" 

"... What happened, human?"

"(Nothing happened. Stop asking about it...)"

"Of course, 'nothing' would make you look insane for choosing to be outside during a storm instead of the girl's house. 'Nothing' would make you draw blood from your hands out of anger and frustration."

Y/N looked down at his hands to see that his nails had dug into his palms to the point where they drew blood. He growled quietly and shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket, walking around the city aimlessly.

"Stop kidding yourself. I don't know what happened, nor do I care enough to ask again. Just hurry on the back and stop this charade."

"(It doesn't matter anymore - I'm not going back there. I can't.)"

"You can't go back...? What are you on about? The girl and her grandmother are too trusting and naive to turn you away."

"(It has nothing to do with them.)"

"Then... the bitch and her pet?"

"(Don't call Valda or Gestell either of those things... And, it has nothing to do with them either.)"

"..."

"..."

"... What if I were to call her a whor-"

"(Stop it.)"

Engrossed in his thoughts and distracted by the Herrscher, Y/N began to kick empty bottles and soda cans left behind by their previous buyers and broke one that belonged to a homeless man who took shelter under the roof of a closed-up building that had graffiti spray-painted on the barrier.

"Hey, kid! Watch where you're-" The man looked into Y/N's eyes and gulped nervously when he felt the sudden chill down his back. Without saying anything, he got up, packed up whatever he had, and ran into the nearest alleyway with a terrified look, his entire body trembling.

"(What was that about?)" Y/N thought to himself before he shook his head and continued his afternoon stride in the rain. His H/C hair was soaked by the raindrops and pressed down onto his scalp, prompting him to comb it back so it wouldn't annoy him anymore.