Chapter 3: Prelude To Decimation

Disclaimer(s): None of the image(s) used in this chapter belongs to me. The Pixiv or Twitter source(s) will be linked underneath each image if available or unless it is from an official source.

Word Count: 5.8k Words

=======================================

3rd Person POV

The sunlight peering through the blinds of Rin's shared room with her sister gently woke her from her slumber. Her pink hair was a tangled mess -- a detail she noticed when she pulled her head away from Sakura's chest and groggily wiggled herself out from her older sister's warm embrace without waking her.

Rubbing her eyes and sitting up, Rin looked across the room, at her bed, to see Lianhua was gone and everything was made orderly, a complete opposite of her sister's bed that she shared with the said person just for the night.

Rin's nose twitched when she smelled a delicious aroma coming from downstairs and before she could get up, a gentle knock came from the door.

"Rin? Sakura? Are you two decent?"

The voice of Y/N made Rin quickly sit up straight and fix her pajamas, making sure she was in a presentable state. "C-Come in!"

The door opened and in walked Y/N, a young man of the age of 18, balancing two trays with several plates filled with delicious-smelling breakfast meals. The white bandages on his head were gone though it was impossible if the same could be said for the ones on his body. 

Rin was amazed by the aroma exuding from the food and was about to ask if he had cooked it for them until she remembered who she (would be) asking this.

"..."

Y/N noticed her deadpan stare and looked up, wondering why she was staring at him so intently as if trying to prove a point. "...What?"

Rin flinched when she realized that she was staring too hard and smiled awkwardly, waving her hands to dismiss the topic. "N-Nothing!"

"Uh... Okay then. Here's the breakfast that Lianhua made for you two as thanks for letting her stay over."

"Aw, she didn't have to do all this!" Rin said while slowly reaching toward the utensils, only to receive a soft flick to the forehead. "Ouch!" She winced and rubbed her forehead, shooting Y/N an angry glare. "What was that for!?"

"Hey, go brush your teeth and wash your face first. There's still drool on your face." Y/N pointed at the corner of her lips which she quickly wiped with her hand, recognizing the slimy texture.

Rin's face turned crimson red and she pushed Y/N aside to run into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. "Stupid jerk..." She muttered with a pout before she turned on the faucet, and quickly brushed her teeth. When she was done, she grabbed her towel from the rack nearby and submerged it, the cotton material turning dark with dampness as she wrung it and wiped her face.

When Rin was done cleaning up, she looked in the mirror to make sure her face was spotless and then noticed her messy hair. With a huff, she grabbed a hair tie and went about her daily routine of tying her pink hair into a small ponytail. However, no matter how much she tried, she couldn't quite get her long locks of bright-colored hair to look how they usually did. "Why can't I get it right today...?"

"Rin? Is everything alright?" Rin didn't answer as she was too hyperfocused on tying her hair, her frustration growing with each failed attempt. "...You didn't fall in the toilet again, did you?"