Chapter 5: Tough Love, Warm Embrace

Disclaimer(s): None of the image(s) used in this chapter belongs to me. The Pixiv or Twitter source(s) will be linked underneath each image if available or unless it is from an official source.

Word Count: 9.7k Words

=======================================

3rd Person POV

Dreams never meant anything to Y/N as he could never remember what he dreamt as they would soon merge with his subconsciousness before he even opened his eyes. Even when he did remember, the dreams were nothing of significance to him as they were either bland or so abstract that he wondered if he was slowly going insane from having to deal with Valda.

However, this time, it was different.

Y/N looked around the black void, searching for anyone - or anything for that matter but found nothing but the abyss staring back at him.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" His voice echoed into the endless night with no response.

Y/N took a step forward and felt some form of a floor in front of him, and dared himself to take another, then another, then another, then continued until he eventually broke into a full sprint. But, no matter how far or how long he ran, he felt like he was only running in circles with no sense of time.

It's lonely, isn't it?

Y/N stopped when he heard someone's voice and looked around again, frantically searching until he saw a girl in the distance, curled up into a ball.

Cautiously, he approached the strange enigma, noting the way her golden hair illuminated the darkness around them like a bonfire in a pitch-black evening, the numerous intricate pieces of jewelry decorating her ears, forearms, hair, neck, and the short crimson dress covering everything from her modesty to her knees.

Pervert.

The girl said and slowly turned her head to lock eyes with Y/N, the pair of crimson jewels staring directly at him made him hurriedly avert his gaze and cover his eyes, as if he were staring directly into the glaring sun.

"'P-Pervert!?' What did I even say!?" The young man shouted and shook his head, pushing that sudden comment to the wayside for now. He slowly opened his eyes again and was able to look at her without having to squint now. "Nevermind, who are you? You're not the person I was expecting to meet here."

Who am I? That is but a single question, and, yet it can be answered by an infinite number of explanations.

"Well, you're definitely not human, that's for sure. No one talks weirdly like you except foooor..." Y/N trailed off at the end, coming to a realization. "Wow. I should ask them for a name or give them a nickname myself."

You consider the Herrscher a friend...?

"A-Ah, well..." Y/N shyly scratched his face with a finger. "It's embarrassing to say it out loud but why not? They've been behaving well!" He laughed but the mysterious woman simply stared at him.

A human and a Herrscher... I see now. You two are simply not ready to become whole yet. Yes, I understand. You should prepare to fight for your existence when that day comes.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

You two cannot exist as a single entity for long. The day will come when you and the Herrscher must battle for control - one must die so the other can live-